75

Not even two months had passed since Prince Morres woke up from his fever.

His appearance had changed so dramatically during that time, and he had been so secluded in Pearl Palace Palace, that not many people actually knew what this notoriously unreliable prince looked like.

Moreover, he was wearing an ill-fitted, worn-out cloak, a far cry from a royal appearance.

Even if he were to reveal his identity honestly here, it was unlikely that the capital's guards would take him seriously.

The problem was, the prince himself didn't seem keen on actively asserting his identity either.

"I've given you fair warning. Anything that happens from now on is entirely your responsibility. Now, what were you all doing here?"

As the prince took a step closer and spoke, an inexplicable force made the guards flinch and take a step back.

"Didn't we tell you? We are on official duty, so get lost while you're still ahead..."

"Shut up, those of you who were beating him. The one who got hit should answer."

After glancing dismissively at a guard who was awkwardly holding his half-drawn sword and shouting, the prince turned his gaze to Calmen.

"Can you speak?"

Calmen spat out a mixture of blood and saliva before replying, "Yes."

"Good. Then you tell me, Sir Calmen. What was going on here?"

"The capital's guards are..."

I never thought I'd be ratting to Prince Morres, but...

Though it was a terrible situation, right now the prince was the only lifeline offered to Calmen.

"The capital's guards are dragging anyone suffering from skin rashes to the heresy tribunal, under the pretext that it's a curse from the demon. I was merely trying to move a patient in critical condition to a medical center when we were obstructed by these people..."

Then, the prince's gaze moved to the man Calmen was shielding from above.

He clearly didn't recognize the man who had changed so much.

"Who is that? Is he the one with the critical condition?"

"...."

After staring at the man for a moment, the prince soon nodded his head, as if he had understood something on his own.

"I see. A patient with the gray plague. Since Lophellum's egg is still alive, we need to extract it quickly."

Then the prince leisurely walked toward Calmen.

The guards, who felt like an insurmountable wall, hesitated a bit and easily gave way as the Prince approached.

It wasn't just the strange sense of pressure emanating from the prince, but also the uneasy undertone in the conversation between the two that they sensed.

It was a surreal scene.

The prince appearing here at this critical moment, overwhelming the atmosphere with just his presence.

And so, before he knew it, Calmen found himself shouting something he would never normally say to the prince.

"Your Highness! This patient is... this man was once the captain of the Imperial Guard! Please make sure he is not taken to the heresy tribunal!"

"...."

"Please help him! Save him!"

This person should not be collapsing here like this!