Dragon Rage: Screams Blood and Damn Forbid It... Horrifying

🐲What A sixteen year old Caleb looks like. What the Direwolfs look like. Also Alan's Raptor form. Enjoy🐉

•••Grant•••

I stood aside as our Chief walked into the tent, looking furious. Some of our teammates stood straighter and impatient; I felt the same.

"Alright men, I've decided that we must kill the beast that is in Chamber 05. I was hoping it would change its mind, but as usual I was mistaken. The first thing in the morning, we kill with no pity." Some of our men agreed, shaking their guns in approval.

I listened as other men began to speak in harsh words. "We want her dead," "Why can't we do it now," and "That bitch has to die sooner or later."

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Caleb was silent. I can tell he had something on his mind by him shaking his head. He ran his hand through his hair, then walked out of the tent.

Following Caleb outside, I watched as he sat down on the ground, placing the gun aside. Frowning, I went over and sat.

"What's up man?" I asked as I waited for an answer.

"The sky." He whispered which I shoved him a little, but continued to push him. "Hey, stop!" He spit out.

"Come on man, what's wrong? Your not yourself." I pointed out. "Is it because of that monster?" I studied him as he played with his Ruger SR-556. A weapon that is similar to the rifle and it has two-stage piston; quad rail handguard; Troy Industries sights; black synthetic fixed or telescoping buttstock. It's also a 12-inch 1:9 steel barrel with birdcage. To say it's a fine weapon to kill Locus.

Finally he spoke. "I keep..." He paused, rubbing his neck as he struggle to say the next sentence. "I keep remembering her words that she told me earlier in the day. How we shouldn't trust the shifters that became our allies. She laughed when I told her that Amber, the little girl, was a rabbit." He turned to me.

I was a bit confused, then it hit me. "Caleb, I think she's just messing with your head." I patted his shoulder, then pushed off his shoulder as I got up. I yawned, and noticed eddy thing was completely dark. Not even the moon was shining that was behind the clouds.

"Grant, this is just me, but I think she's telling the truth." I stared at Caleb for a few seconds before waving him off.

"Caleb-sigh-I'm your oldest friend here in this campsite. Believe me when I tell you that she's just messing with you. Alright?" I said seriously. Caleb didn't bother to say anything as he nodded.

"Good. Now it's probably around midnight, and I know everyone is worn out from the surprise prison escape from earlier. Go to your tent and sleep. Don't think about what the girl said." I said, ruffling his hair as he stood.

He waved at me, then left.

Why would a monster even tell us to not trust any shifters? I was confused, but I knew it's all lies. We always asked them if they wanted to join, if they didn't join, we kill them because we knew they'll cause trouble.

We had at least six shifters on outside, two that is the same, and four others that are a different species.

Feeling someone tapped my shoulder, I jumped in surprise. "Ginger, don't scare me like that. Do you need something?" I asked.

"Yes, the Chief would like a word with her captain." Ginger smiled, wagging her tail and ears twitchy. "Grant, I'm also worried. Me, have a bad feeling." She pointed at herself, then moving her index finger around in the air. "Feeling something coming."

Actually, Ginger is our fortuneteller, she can sense things that others can't. With her sharp ears, and great sense instinct. Her instinct is telling us that we're in some type of danger.