10

When everything started I stood as I had before alongside the mats and watched as Maggie did all that she trained and worked hard to do.

"She's doing wonderful out there," Lance says

I blew him off as if he wasn't there focusing only on Maggie.

"Why are you ignoring me?" he asked

Still, I say nothing, just move off after Maggie finishes her first round for the day.

When It came time for the floor routine I stood close and watched her as she did just like I showed her.

Once she finished we headed over to the side and watched the big screen waiting for the results.

Despite the crowd's loud cheering and everyone else talking it was as though I could hear my own heartbeat.

I handed Maggie some water as her mom began messaging her daughter's shoulders.

We all watched as Maggie's name took first place.

She and her mom both dropped to the ground crying as they held each other. I helped them both up and she threw her arms around me still crying as she thanked me for all I ever did for her to get her where she needed to be to reach this dream goal so longed for.

Cameras started flashing as the reports came up and started asking her different questions about how she felt and who is the main person she was thankful for to get her where she was.

"I am beyond thrilled that I got the gold medal. It was an all time dream that I couldn't have done without My wonderful coach here," she says as she pulls me close in a side hug.

"And I am very grateful beyond belief to my mom for all the hard work and overtime she did to help keep me in gymnastics so I could get to this point. So my main two people are my coach and mom" she finishes.

Maggie pulls her mom in for a group hug and answers all the questions before thanking them and walking off to gather her things.

"I am taking Maggie out to celebrate. Do you wanna come?" her mom asks

"On no you two go on it's something that you two should share," I tell them

"You sure?" Maggie asks

"Positive," I tell them

She nods her head as I stand by her while Maggie stands on the podium and gets her flowers and medal.