Date

Avika stood in front of the sleek glass doors of Chauhan Enterprises for the second time that week, her determination steeled. The first visit had ended disastrously, with Anirudh, barely acknowledging her presence and dismissing her with a cold, detached demeanor. Today, she had a different plan, one she knew will definitely work.

The receptionist recognized her and gave a nervous smile. "Miss Avika, he's in his office."

Avika nodded, her mind racing with the words she had rehearsed. She took a deep breath and walked to the elevator, pressing the button with a trembling finger. As the elevator ascended, she clutched her purse tightly.

She stepped out on the top floor and walked to Anirudh's office. His assistant buzzed her in without a word, clearly sensing the tension. Anirudh was hunched over his desk, his eyes fixed on the computer screen. He didn't look up as she entered.

"Anirudh," she called softly, but firmly.He finally lifted his gaze, his expression unreadable. "Avika, I'm very busy. What are you doing here ?".

Her heart ached at his tone, but she pressed on, her voice steady. "I want us to go out.Now." He sighed, looking back at his screen. "Funny of you to think that I'd agree."
She stepped forward, taking place opposite to him. "Theek ha fir dadi ko batana padega" she said while opening dial pad of her phone. He looked at her, confusion and irritation flashing across his face. "What the hell do you think you are doing ?"

"Wahi jo tumko bhut phele kar dena chahiye tha..unko sach sach bata rahi hon contract ke barain ma". He leaned back in his chair, his expression a mix of anger and fear. "You're blackmailing me?"

"Yes," she said, her voice mocking him. He stared at her with unreadable expression. He saw her dialling the number and putting the phone against her ear. "Hello dadi-" Anirudh snatched her phone from her grip before she could say something and instantly hanging up the call. "Kya ha ?" Avika says while raising her one of eyebrows to him. She smirked knowing her plan is working out.

He stared at her, the silence stretching uncomfortably. Then, he sighed, his shoulders slumping. "Fine. Where do you want to go?"
"Jaha mere Swami merko le chale" she says innocently batting her eyelashes. "Ha toh jao apne Swami sa hi pucho" he says walking back to his seat. Avika suddenly held one of his wrist turning him around. She stepped closer to him wrapping both her hands around his neck. "Mere Swami toh aap the, aap ho aur aap hi rahoge."
She whispers, he stared at the girl infront of him in amusement. Every single day she amuse him in a new way. A playful glint dancing in his eyes as he watched her.

Suddenly she heard her phone ring, she looked to saw Usha calling her. She grinned while looking at Anirudh while Anirudh stared at her in warning. "Ji dadi namaste" Avika said answering the call and putting it on speaker. "Ha beta phone kiya aur kaat diya..kya hua ?" Anirudh stared at Avika while listening to Usha. His eyes daring her to say anything he doesn't wants her to. "Ji woh dhoke sa lag gaya tha" Avika says while smiling cheekily to Anirudh. "Acha..tum Ghar pahuch gayi kya ?" Usha asks her.

"Kaise jao dadi...apke pyare Anirudh na merko date pe leke Jane ki zid jo kar rakhi ha" Avika says while wiggling her eyebrows to Anirudh. Anirudh raised his both eyebrows while sighing inaudibly. They both can hear Usha laugh from the other side, seems like she know the situation already. "Ok then have fun children" "We will surely dadi" Avika says while winking to Anirudh.

________

Avika's laughter floated through the air like bubbles, her eyes sparkling under the dappled sunlight filtering through the leafy canopy above. She skipped a step ahead, her floral dress swaying with each joyful movement. Every once in a while, she turned to check if Anirudh was keeping up, her smile never fading.