Why love ?

Dear lovelies 🎀

As you embark on this chapter, please be aware that it contains scenes of deep emotional pain and heartache. Vote and Comment your thoughts..

Happy reading~

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Avika sat on the edge of the intricately carved wooden bed, the deep red of her bridal saree contrasting sharply with the white silk sheets. The room was bathed in a warm, golden glow from the oil lamps placed strategically around the room, casting dancing shadows on the walls. The heavy scent of jasmine hung in the air, mingling with the faint aroma of sandalwood from the incense still burning in the corner. Her heart pounded in her chest, each beat echoing the blend of excitement and apprehension she felt.

Her fingers, adorned with delicate henna patterns, traced the intricate embroidery on her saree as she glanced at the clock on the wall. It was well past midnight. Where could he be?

She braved her heart earlier and smiled to Everyone when he suddenly left her on the door. But now, in the privacy of their room, the weight of his absence pressed down on her like a physical burden.

Avika's mind raced, each thought more unsettling than the last. Was he avoiding her? Did he regret their marriage already? She had heard stories of arranged marriages that started awkwardly but blossomed with time. She had hoped theirs would be one of those, but the emptiness of the room felt like a bad omen.

Avika rose to her feet, unable to sit still any longer. She walked to the window and peered out into the night, the silence of the house only amplifying her loneliness. The moon cast a silvery light over the garden, but the beauty of the scene was lost on her. She had dreamed of this night, of starting a new life with Anirudh, but now she felt like an intruder in her own story.

She sat back down, her shoulders slumping as the reality of the situation settled in. She couldn't shake the feeling of inadequacy, the nagging doubt that perhaps she wasn't enough for Anirudh. Her eyes began to sting with unshed tears, but she blinked them back, determined not to cry. Not on her wedding night.

Suddenly, she heard the faint sound of footsteps approaching. Her heart leapt with hope, but when the door creaked open, it was only the housekeeper checking if she needed anything. Avika forced a smile and shook her head, her disappointment palpable. The housekeeper left, and the door closed with a soft click, leaving her alone once more.

As the minutes turned into hours, Avika whispered a silent prayer, her fingers clutching the edge of her saree. She prayed for strength, for patience, and for the courage to face whatever the future held. She lay down on the bed, her eyes heavy with unshed tears, staring at the ceiling, waiting for the man who had promised to be her partner for life. The bed felt too large, too empty, and the silence was deafening.

Avika's eyes finally closed, a single tear escaping down her cheek as she drifted into a restless sleep, the hope for a new beginning overshadowed by the painful reality of her first night as Anirudh's wife.

Anirudh sat slumped over the counter of a dimly lit bar, his fingers wrapped around a half-empty glass of whiskey. The lively chatter and laughter of other patrons seemed to mock his misery. He stared blankly at his reflection in the mirror behind the bar, hating the man who stared back at him.

He took another swig, the burn of the alcohol doing little to numb the ache inside. His usually sharp eyes were glazed over, and his mind was a blur of regret and confusion.

"What am I doing?" he muttered to himself, running a hand through his disheveled hair. He had been swept along by the tide of family expectations and societal pressure, barely able to comprehend how he had ended up married to Avika. It wasn't that she wasn't beautiful or kind-she was-but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was trapped, that he had made a terrible mistake.