𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

It had only been a few hours since the night we spent together in a whole other country, but there I was grinning like a fool when I caught a glimpse of Towani in the studio as I headed to a rehearsal room to get my day started

It had only been a few hours since the night we spent together in a whole other country, but there I was grinning like a fool when I caught a glimpse of Towani in the studio as I headed to a rehearsal room to get my day started. He was standing over his mixing board with a look of intent concentration, very clearly hard at work, so I resolved not to bother him, but still took a little moment to just admire from where I stood. When I felt I'd had enough, I finally headed to my original destination, the room in which I'd be carrying out my first task of the day.

I had dedicated the first half of my day to filming and editing more videos for my social media accounts. So far, the one I'd uploaded the day before was doing well. It was a cover of Cleo Sol's Young Love, and it had gotten a handful of comments and reposts, not half as many as my Artfrikah performance, but enough to let me know people were actually interested in Neveah. My follower count was also growing by the dozens day by day, so I had to give the people what they wanted, just as Towani's dad had insisted.

I set up the tripod in the rehearsal room and mounted my phone onto it, adjusting my camera settings to my liking. Today's setup was simple, just a bench,  a microphone and a keyboard... and me. I started off with runs to warm up my voice, eyes closed as I tried to figure out what I would be singing.

Eyes still closed, voice bouncing off the walls, images of Towani from the night before flashed through my mind. The smile I was now officially obsessed with, our interlocked fingers, his face as he came closer for a kiss, his eyes, studying me intently. I went through a few more runs before Jill Scott's He Loves Me started to flow naturally off my lips, my voice taking on the sultry element in hers to hit the right notes as more images of Towani played through my mind. I hit a few more runs and then moved on to Chrisette Michele's If I Have My Way, and wrapped up the first set of songs with a stripped version of Amanda Black's Kahle.

I was in the zone as I worked, my typically camera shy self very relaxed as I sang Alicia Keys's Falling with ease, having sung it probably a trillion times in my lifetime. When my fingers finished playing the last few notes on the keyboard, I opened my eyes to the sound of clapping coming from the rehearsal room's now open door.

I blushed as Towa (still clapping) pushed himself off the doorframe, taking easy, sexy strides in my direction as I took in the old school baggy tee and dungaree ensemble he had on with chunky Timbaland boots. The way he looked in that outfit and his dreadlocks in his favourite bun?... Good enough to slurp off my fingers.

"How long were you standing there?" I questioned as he sat down beside me and pressed his lips to my temple.

"Not long enough. I should've left my studio sooner."

"I'm glad you didn't. You would have just distracted me. Why do you have to look so good?"

"Says the girl who's all done up." he laughed, tugging on the graphic cropped tee I'd worn with baggy tie-dyed jeans and white sneakers.