𝑻𝒘𝒐

Africa's favourite mysterious YouTube sensation releases a new album after a year of silence

Africa's favourite mysterious YouTube sensation releases a new album after a year of silence. Will we get to see his face this time?

THE MASKED MAN STRIKES AGAIN. New music by Note(d) hits millions of views on all music streaming platforms, with wistful tracks Stranger and Madzi becoming instant fan favourites, but the man's face remains a mystery.

Note(d) drops new album, Journey, and tweets about an upcoming tour. Fans excited about possibly seeing what hides behind the mask.

"Dang, they really want you to show your face, man." Dominic said as he read more posts on several social media pages that covered the hottest happenings in Kitalo's music industry.

Ever since the drop of my second studio album last night, my stage name was all over the internet, the album basically becoming a conversation starter amongst African music lovers within just a few hours of its release.

I was surprised and grateful, the love pouring in feeling like the ultimate pat on the back as I remembered how many nights I'd tirelessly spent trying to make sure that many years from now I'd still be proud of my vocal contributions to the masterful instrumentals.

"Yeah, the mask is driving people crazy." I said to Dom, my friend and publicist. "I didn't think it would still be a big thing after all these years."

"I mean, your actual face is even a mystery to some of the artists that regularly come here to make music. I doubt the attention your mask gets will ever die down."

I shrugged. "They can keep guessing. I want the focus on my music, not my face."

"So you'll do a continent-wide tour with that mask on?" Dom queried incredulously, his eyes trailing the right side of my face as if he was trying to figure out something profound.

"Yeah. Absolutely."

"Why? What are you so afraid of, Towani?"

"I'm not afraid of anything, Dom. Why would I be sitting in here so comfortably if I was scared?"

"The studio is your comfort zone, dude. You consider this a safe space." he countered without missing a beat. "A stage in front of thousands of people will probably be a whole different thing and a great opportunity for you to stand out for more than your mask and your voice, you could become an iconic symbol of bravery in these superficial times we live in."

I scoffed and sat back. "So this conversation is about business and publicity? Dom, I don't care about that stuff. I'm not trying to turn into anyone's social experiment, okay? I just want to make good music and continue enjoying my life under the radar."

Dominic shook his head, fingers locking and going to rest behind his neck as he swayed from side to side in his chair. The studio equipment all around us shone under the low, warm lights of the room as I stared at my friend, ready to hear what else he had been cooking up in that overactive brain of his.