𝙼𝚢 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ~ The Final Letter

Emma Y

Emma Y.
152 Lichinka Avenue, office 476
January 1st, 2011

Emma,

       I am [Your Name],
if you have forgotten me, I apologize for bothering you once again. Due to your lack of respondence to my past two letters, I am yet compelled to try once more, driven by a lingering curiosity that refuses to be silenced.

I've once or twice imagined my letters finding its way to your hands, whether by chance or design. I've sent copies to various addresses, hoping for a response that never came.
Hypothetically in the scenario of my words reaching only your ghost, —your family or landlord would receive it. So, I suspect, do you, perhaps, fear to respond, envisioning a malicious intent behind every passage and doubt its sincerity? Or do you suspect the hand of another, perhaps Mello or Matt orchestrating these letters, casting as bait?

               And I've heard whispers traveled long distances all the way from the motherland, carrying the epithet of "traitor" upon my head for doing work underneath an American Mafia; a mark I wear without regret ever since I brought Kira's demise with my own touch.
Have you ever watched a Shakespeare play, or perhaps read his novels? They're excellent aren't they? Their brilliance transcends time, inviting contemplation of life's deepest mysteries.

        A long time ago, that doesn't all feel too long ago, my fifth-grade English class, I had to keep rereading the sentences to comprehend its essence, oftentimes I found myself getting tangled in its rather confusing old English literature even if its translated to Russian. So, I found myself repeating its passages out-loud and got accustomed to its beauty flowing in my ears. It soon became one of my cherished literary works, but ironic isn't it Emma?

One quote that particularly stood out to me like a full moon in a dark countryside field,

"IF YӨЦ ƧΣΣK ЯΣVΣПGΣ, DIG ƬЩӨ GЯΛVΣƧ."

The irony of those words, spoken by a man who never walked the path of vengeance, is not lost on me. Henceforth, it became one of my most distasteful works.

        I must confess Emma, that the satisfaction derived from ending a despicable individual transcends even Kira's fleeting highs.  He never waited for it his whole life nor had to work for anything and never truly tasted the bitter fruit of suffering. Unlike him, I've endured the weight of uncertainty, as I did not use a death note to end him. This yearning of five years for personal justice, I embrace without reservation.

            I will tell you something, Kira is dead. So there is no need to be scared anymore, as the Mafia holds no vendetta against you or any remaining members of Sumrak. because you and Sumrak are no longer in their way. (Forgive me for my bad manners.)

           If my poor memory serves me right, you once confided in me about your aspiration to capture Kira, a desire rooted in bringing pride to your esteemed, right-winged family. With your Ukrainian-Russian heritage boasting a lineage of officers, I wonder how you reconcile these aspirations now, knowing we were unwittingly drawn into Aoyama's communist agenda, blurring the lines between true justice and deceit.