1. A Month Later

Nandini's POV

It's been a month to that day. I'm back to my hometown in Goa. My mom was in the worst condition when I returned but when She saw me alive and safe she started to get back to life.

Ayza's death is still fresh in my head. It still haunts me at nights. Manik's last look is also stuck in my head. I sometimes feel like I did wrong but then Ayza's face, my dad's face, Aaryaman's face appears in front of me. Maybe he killed Aaryaman for a reason, maybe he killed dad for a reason but Ayza, what was her fault? Why he killed that innocent kid?

Taking a deep breath I got out of the bed. Mom was working in the kitchen. I am thinking to continue my course I left for the wedding.

"Mom" She turned around as she saw me. She was crying. "Mom why are you crying?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just... Forget it" She said wiping her tears.

I never loved my father in that way but I'm sad because of mom. Whatever it was he was my dad and nothing can change this. She lost her husband but I lost 3 person close to my heart.

"Mom I know it's difficult but please don't cry. Seeing you like this hurts me" I said.

"I try my best Nandini but you know how much I love your dad. I couldn't even see his last look. I don't know where they burned him, or digged him" I sighed.

"As far as I know He must have thrown him somewhere" I said in a tone.

"Leave all this where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm thinking to continue my course" I said.

"Nandini please don't go out unnecessary. I don't want to lose you too" She said.

"Mom nothing can happen to me Manik is in jail and the amount of people he has killed I don't think so he can come out so soon, so relax" I said.

"I hope so I wish he root in hell" She cursed.

"I'm going, okay?" I said and left the house.

As I was done with the admission I came out of the college and start walking. As I crossed the park my eyes caught a small little girl. Her back was facing me. Ayza? I crossed the road and ran inside the park. I ran towards her and turned her around but my smile faded away. She wasn't Ayza.

"What are you doing?" A lady asked.

"I'm sorry I thought it's... Whatever I'm sorry" I said and turned around.

I wiped my tears controlling myself. I know it was all my fault. I shouldn't have tell her to run. I shouldn't have tell her about Manik. She got scared because of my words. It was all my fault. I am so sorry Zeynap I couldn't save your daughter. I collided with someone.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"It's okay" I looked up. It was a stranger. He smiled towards me. "By the way Can I ask the reason behind this tears?" He asked.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean I know you don't know me and I also don't know you but... Haven't you heard telling a stranger about your feelings can ease your pain and your secret will be safe as well" He said.

"No thank you" I said.

"Well as you wish" He said and I left from there.

•••••••••••••••

Next day I went to the college attended my class. Now I'm sitting in the canteen writing down my notes. I borrowed them from one of the classmates.

As I was done I start using my phone. A news got my attention. I opened it up to read.

'Manik Malhotra the most dangerous don has been arrested. It turned that he was hiding himself with the identify of a fake person Emir Kapoor. Emir Kapoor who is the most successful businessman of India is actually a killer. According to the news we got it is confirmed that Manik Malhotra has been sentenced to life imprisonment and there is no chance of him getting out"

This news was old about 20 days ago. As I saw his picture along with the news my heart skipped a beat. Those scenes of us started to echo in my head. The time I spent with him, his last words to me.

"It was you"

"I suspected everyone, Bani kaki, workers in the house even my friends... Alya, Dhruv, Mukti but... You never crossed my mind"

The way he kissed my forehead before surrendering himself. He had the chance to kill me and Run away but he didn't, why? This question eats me up all the time.

"Hey" I looked up.

"Hi"

"You joined again?" She is my classmate.

"Yeah"

"Can I sit here if you don't mind?" She asked.

"Of course" She sat down with a tray in her hands.

"So why did you left the college in between?"

"I got some personal problems so I had to leave"

"Oh I hope they are solved now"

"Yes they are"

"Well my name is Ahana" She said forwarding her hand. I took it as a hand shake.

"Myself Nandini" I introduced.

"Nice name" I smiled.

"Yours too"

We talked for a while then Left for home. I stopped near a cafe as my head was hurting so I thought to drink a cup of coffee.

I sat down on one of the table and waited for the waiter to take the order. I start looking at the menu when I heard waiter's voice.

"Can I have your order mam?"

"I need One simple black coffee" I kept the menu back on table and looked up to see the waiter.

The ground fell out from under my feet. I got up from my seat shockingly as I couldn't believe my eyes. He was also shocked as he saw me.

"You?" He asked.

I lost my balance. He hold me in his arms calling someone for help. It was like I was watching a dream or something.

New update on Every Thursday, One Update A week I hope that's acceptable. 😬

Do share your precious reviews 🤗

With love,
Alina❤️