10. Curiosity

Nandini's POV

"I don't know" I said.

"What do you mean by you don't know?"

"Uhmm... I... Actually..." I wasn't able to say anything.

"Forget it. Manish I am warning you, see her face properly and fix it in your head. I don't allow her in my house you get it? Never"

"Yes sir"

"Man-" Before I could complete he went inside.

"Mam please leave" he said and I nodded.

I came back home as There was no use to argue. But I don't understand myself why I am running after him? I thought I will leave but see I'm running behind him, why?

***********

I am laying on my place. Mom is sleeping besides me, I am not able to sleep. I am still thinking about him. I want to talk to him. I don't know what I wanna talk about but I just want to. I got up going towards the window looking out. There is not use to go to his house because he strictly instructed the guards about me. It was when something hit my mind. That secret door, yeah I can use it. I'm sure it will be open or else I can climb the wall because as far as I remember, there is no security in there.

I changed my dress and wearing my shoes left the hotel. It took me 10 minutes to reach his place. I came towards the other secret door and tried opening it but it was locked. I sighed and look at the wall to measure the height. I tried to climb it that day too and I almost succeed but he stopped me.

I somehow managed to climb the wall and jump to the other side. I looked around but there was no one. Taking a deep breathe I went towards the window but to my bad luck it was locked. What am I suppose to do now?

I peaked inside the window, Bani kaki was doing some work. Should I knock? What if she won't allow me inside?

I knocked the window and she looked up. First she didn't noticed but as I knocked again she came forward and opened the window.

"You, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Will you please let me inside I need to talk to Manik" I said.

"No I can not you are not allowed here-"

"Bani kaki please I request you"

"Don't call me Kaki, I'm your nothing you betrayed my son-"

"I know and I can explain everything, please listen to me first"

"Fine Come" I entered through the window and she took me inside the kitchen. Sanaya and Lilly were also there.

"Nandini?" Lilly said as she saw me.

"How are you?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" Sanaya asked.

"I will explain everything" I sais sitting on a chair.

"So tell me why are you here and why you did all this?" Bani Kaki asked. I took a deep breath and explained her everything.

"I know whatever I did was wrong but if you try to see by my side then you will understand what I was going through that time. If I knew about his reality from the start then I would have never done this, I swear." I tried to explain.

"You were right but... You chose the wrong way, you lied to him, you planned everything. You should have talked to him straight about things but no, you ruined everything. It took him years to get back to the normal life after his parent's death and now I can see the same him after this incident and that too because of you, Nandini." Her words drown me more into the guilt.

"I know I was so wrong and I regret and each everything I did" I took a deep breathe controlling my emotions.

"But why are you here now?"

"I want to talk to him"

"But he is not home"

"Then where is he?" I asked.

"I won't tell you" She said standing up.

"Kaki please look I request you tell me where he is I really wanna talk to him." I said holding her hand in mine.

"I can't do it"

"Look I won't tell him you gave me the address I promise"

"He is at his farmhouse" Lilly said. Kaki glared her.

"Lilly have you lost your mind?" Sanaya asked.

"Thanks Lilly" I said getting up.

I hugged her then Kaki last time as sanaya did not allowed me to come close to her. It was weird but I ignored and left the house.

Taking a cab I went to his farmhouse. I do remember that address. I reached there within an hour. The driver left and I move forward towards the gate. I don't know why but I couldn't knock.  I moved towards the window and peaked inside. He was sitting on a couch holding a photo in one hand and a glass of beer in other hand.

Drinking the beer in a go he kept the glass on table along with the photo. Putting his head on the back spot he closed his eyes. A tear escaped his eye and I realized he was crying. Whose photo was he looking at? His parents photo or... Someone else from the past?

I slowly tried opening the window's door without making any noise and to my surprise it wasn't locked. I got inside the house and moved towards him. His eyes were still closed, as like he was lost in his own world. I looked at the table where he kept that photo but it was kept upside down.

The curiosity inside me was forcing me to see that photo. But before I could hold it he opened his eyes. I moved back standing straight. He again closed his eyes back taking a deep breathe.

"Why don't you leave me alone?" He asked. I couldn't reply. "Why are you everywhere I go? I don't wanna see you, get out of my head and thoughts... Please" He added.

"M... Manik" I called out. He opened his eyes and looked towards me. He got up with a thud.

"Are you real?" He asked.

Alina ❤️