4: Face To Face

Nandini's POV

I'm standing outside the Station but it's not the same one. It's where Manik is. I am waiting for Abhimanyu as he will get the persimmon from my side.

"Sorry for being late you know traffic problems" He said.

"It's fine"

"Look you can meet him for 15 minutes but not more than that because It was really difficult to get 15 minutes as well"

"Why are they being so strict on him I mean not letting anyone meet him, etc etc?" I asked.

"Because they got suspicious that his friends are trying to kidnap him from here and hide him"

"Oh It crossed my mind" I said.

"Yeah, let's go" He said and I followed him.

"Hello, this is Abhimanyu Thakkur, IGP of XYZ Police Station"

"Welcome sir, Please have a seat" he sat down.

"I talked to you on call she is Preeti, Manik's relative. She wants to meet him she has come from Goa so it will be a pleasure if you let her meet him for a bit longer" He said.

"Sure As I said before she can meet but do remember only 15 minutes. These are the orders from high court so-"

"Yes We know"

"Okay then, Sheru... Please take mam to the meeting area and let Manik Malhotra know he has a visitor"

"As you say commander, after you mam" I left the room.

A while later I was in the meeting area. There was 2 chairs and a table. It was a cell as well.

"You wait here he will be here soon" I nodded. He left outside closing the door.

I heard footsteps my face was on other side and I don't know why but I wasn't able to turn around. My heart was beating so fast and my feet started to tremble.

"Who is this?" He asked. It was him I do remember his voice. An unknown tear escaped my eyes but I wiped them away.

Taking a deep deep breathe I turned around. There he was standing his hairs had grown a bit, even his beard.

"I don't want to meet this person. Take me back" He said. His voice had only hatred and anger. What else was I even expecting?

"Manik" I called.

"Constable sir, I said take me back I don't wanna meet her. I don't know her" He said ignoring me.

"You have to talk to me Manik you can't run like this"

"Why aren't you listening to me sir?"

"It was an order to us you just have 15 minutes to talk so don't waste your time. I'm waiting here" He said closing the door and standing on a corner.

"Manik look at me" I said.

He didn't he was ignoring me as like I wasn't there. I moved towards him standing in front of him.

"Why don't you listen?" I asked.

"What you want?" He finally said.

"I want to talk to you"

"But I don't want to, there is nothing to talk about"

"I have Manik I have so many things to talk about"

"Then Talk and leave" He looked away again. I took a deep breathe preparing myself for his answers.

"Aaryaman is alive" He looked at me then back to the place he was looking.

"Are you dreaming?" He asked.

"Manik I saw him with my own eyes he told me some things which I don't know is true or not I want to know from you that is why I came here so tell me"

"What?"

"You didn't kill him then why you lied all the while?"

"I killed him he must've escaped somehow"

"Don't lie Manik"

"I don't lie Nandini, I'm not you" He said looking straight in my eyes.

"He told me you scared him so that he can accept his deeds and get a punishment. The bullet wasn't an actual bullet it was som... Some kind of rubber... Manik Tell me the truth you... You never killed anyone right?" I finally asked.

"Hahaha, are you drunk? No I think you are. He made up a story so that you don't tell anyone about him and you believed it, seriously? I can't believe you Nandini or I say Miss Preeti?" I closed my eyes taking a deep breathe.

"Manik He isn't making any story I'm sure about it because he told me the truth why you kidnapped him what he wanted to do to me what he did to Mukti-"

"Shut up. Don't you dare take my friends names from your mouth"

"Then tell me the truth tell me you didn't kill anyone say it"

"I guess you are mad because you aren't seeing the place I'm meeting you in. It's jail, I got 30 years of punishment. They don't punish anyone if there is no proofs you know right? So it's obvious I killed people but unfortunately that Bastard is still alive"

"Alright so it means you killed them?"

"I guess that's what I'm saying?"

"Then I will ask you one last question"

"Sure ask and then leave I don't want to see your face"

"That night when you killed Ayza, when you find out the truth about me, you had the chance to kill me, then why didn't you killed me Manik?" He turned around.

"I didn't get the opportunity to kill you"

"Don't lie you had the opportunity but you still didn't killed me"

"Because my gun was empty it has only one gun and I used it on Ayza" He said.

"Then why did you turned around? Why aren't you facing me?"

"I said it before as well I don't want to see your face Nandini"

"Man-"

"Time over mam please come out" He said opening the door.

"I will find out the truth Manik today or tomorrow" I said and left from there.

"Done?" Abhimanyu asked and I came out.

"Yes done for now" I said with a nod.

"Look if you need my help you can ask me I will try my best to help you"

"Thank you so much"

"Should I drop you?" He asked.

"No I have to go somewhere you continue"

"Alright then have a good day" I smiled.

Taking a deep breath I turned around but collided with someone.

"I'm sorry I-" I looked up.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

Alina❤️