19. Still Care For Her

Author's POV

"Aunty you here, Is Nandini alright?" Cabir asked.

"She is fine"

"What happened?" Cabir asked again.

"What is your problem Manik? Why are you always around my daughter? Why don't you leave her alone. Aren't you done doing so many things to her?" She shouted.

"Aunty there are things you are not aware of-" Cabir tried to explain but Manik interrupted.

"Cabir" He showed him his hand.

"I know what things you are talking about. You are manipulating my daughter, You are making her against her father. Stop using my daughter for your own profit. You're a murderer, a killer I don't believe in anything you say because I know My husband is right. You are trapping Nandini to use her against her own father. I'm sure you must have killed your own parents and accused my husband to take some revenge"

"Aunty-"

"Cabir No"

"For the last time I'm warning you, stay away from my family or else I will kill you from my own hands" She said and left from there angrily.

"Why didn't you let me explain?" Cabir asked.

"Haven't you seen Murtiy has manipulated her. She won't believe in anything we say so there is no use to argue" Manik said. Cabir sighed.

Nandini's POV

It was all dark in the room and I was sleeping. Everyone went home and mom is sleeping on the couch. Manik entered the room and came near me. He caressed my face with his fingers moving the hairs behind my ear and came near me.

"I'm sorry" He said in a low husky tone and kissed on my hairs.

"I forgive you" I said and opened my eyes.

"Uhm... I... You... I thought-"

"You thought I was sleeping right?" I asked.

He got up to leave but I held his hand and forced him to sit back. I moved closer to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"I knew you will come here" I said with a smile. "Because you care for me" I looked at him and he smiled.

"I do, I still care for you and I am mad at myself because I can't hide my emotions" He said.

"I'm glad you can't hide them" I said and kissed on his cheek.

"Can't we get back to our normal life? Can't we forget everything and start a new journey?" I asked keeping both my hands on his face.

"I don't know. I'm scared to be hurt again"

"Manik I will never hurt you again, I promise" I said assuring him.

"I know" I moved closer to him and kept my lips on his kissing him. He responded back gently. I moved away and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you" I said.

"Nandini" He called out.

"Hmm?"

"Wake up" He said and I moved away.

"What?"

"Wake up Nandini"

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I got up with a thud and realized I was watching a dream. I caressed my lips for a second.

"Nandini where are you lost?" I looked at mom.

"Nowhere"

"Get up we have to go back home" I nodded. It was a dream but it was looking so real.

***************

It has been a week since that incident happened. I never saw Manik again. I met Mukti and Cabir many times in this week, I even saw Alya and Dhruv but Manik never appeared in front of me. Shravan and I are now best friends and I have shared everything with him about Me and Manik.

Right now I am sitting inside the car with Shravan as we are going to the theater to watch a new released movie. Manik won't be there so I'm relaxed but others are there.

"Finally you are here" Mukti said as we entered inside.

"The movie is about to start" Cabir said.

"Sorry bro Traffic problems" Shravan said.

"Where is Abhimanyu?" I asked.

"Here I'm" He said coming with pop corn packets.

Alya and Dhruv do not object my presence anymore because Mukti and Cabir always defend me.

"Let's go we are getting late" Dhruv said and we all left inside.

"There are the seats" Alya pointed.

Alya sat first then with her Dhruv, Cabir then Shravan. I was going to sit besides him but Mukti pulled me.

"What are you doing Mukti?" I asked.

"Uhm... Actually I want you to sit with me" She said.

"But you should sit with Abhimanyu" I said.

"He will sit on one side and you on other side" She said.

"Okay I don't have a problem"

"Cool Abhimanyu you sit first" She said. I sat besides Mukti and the movie started. The seat besides me was empty.

"Are we waiting for someone else?" I asked.

"Actually..."

"Here" I heard Cabir.

He was showing hand to someone. I looked back and saw Manik sitting besides me. He looked at me then glare at Cabir and Mukti.

"I'm not sitting here" He said and was getting up but Mukti held his hand.

"You're not going anywhere. She won't bite you she is just here to watch a movie and to your bad luck there is no other seat left" She said.

Manik sighed and settled himself. I looked at him but then focused on the movie.

"Nandini please pass this to Manik" Abhimanyu said giving me a cola can. I nodded.

"Cola" I said forwarding towards him.

"Not interested" I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't made this with my hands. Abhimanyu asked me to give you" I said and put the can on his hand angrily.

I again focused on the movie. It was a comedy movie. I got busy watching it forgetting about my surroundings.

In between my eyes moved at him and I realized he was already starring at me with a smile. He hided his smile and looked back at the screen. Why is it so difficult to understand him?

I looked at him then at his hand, should I make a move? I'm sure he will shouted but maybe he won't shout because there are a lot of people around.

Alina ❤️