13. Trip

Author's POV

"Bro aren't you worried?" Cabir asked giving him the whiskey bottle.

"About?" Manik asked back.

"Nandini and that new guy" Cabir reminded him.

"It's her life Cabir. If you remember then she wasn't in love with me. It was one sided and just because she find out that I'm not a murderer doesn't mean she will fall in love with me" He explained taking a sip from the bottle.

"And what about you and your feelings? Do you still love her?" He was playing with a keychain.

"Yes I do but... I will not let her enter in my life again"

"Why?"

"Because I can't forgive her" Cabir sighed.

"You better know about yourself Manik but I want to tell you something"

"What?"

"Today when you sent me there to check on her..."

"So?" He stayed quiet for a moment.

"Nothing That Shravan guy... He even gave his number to her" He lied.

"Are you serious? As if I care Cabir?"

"Yeah I know I just wanted you to know it" He said.

"Yeah Okay"

Nandini's POV

I stopped the car in front of an office. Mom is also with me as we are here to meet Shravan.

"Welcome! I was waiting for you" He said coming out of the office. "Hello Aunty how are you?" He asked.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Fit and Fine. Nandini what about you?" He asked looking towards me"

"Fine"

"Please come" He said giving us a way.

We entered inside the office and he offered us drinks. Mom started to ask about the house while I was sitting there listening to them because Mom won't let me ask anything regarding home.

"Yes don't worry I will take you there in the evening" He said.

"Okay that's good"

"Okay then I will pick you up in the evening aunty" He said getting up.

"Ok I will wait for you. Let's go Nandini" I nodded.

We came out of the office and I saw mom smiling. It was weird but I tried to ignore.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked.

"He is a nice guy" She said.

"Mom please don't even think about it" I said.

"Why? Haven't you seen the way he was looking at you again and again? I think he likes you"

"Oh please mom for God's sake, we met yesterday only."

"Love can happen within minutes my child" She said and I sighed.

"I'm not gonna argue with you" I said rolling my eyes.

In the evening we went to see the house and Mom fallen in love with it. It was not so big but it was still beautiful. We bought it and as it was already furnished We didn't had to wait and now we are in the same house.

I packed my bag for the trip as an hour ago Mukti messaged me telling they are planning to leave tomorrow.

I sat on my place using my phone when a sudden notification popped up. It was a friend request by Shravan. I accepted it and start using my phone again when I got a message from him.

"Hey Nandini, what's up"

"Nothing what about you?"

"Same" "Did you liked the house?"

"Yeah it's really pretty"

"I'm glad" "Oh I have to go somewhere.  We'll talk later okay"

"Okay sure, Bye"

"Bye"

I opened Instagram checking stories when I saw Cabir's Story. Manik was with him, they were in some kind of a club. He was sitting with an unknown girl on his lap, they were so close to each other.

I put the phone on the table and lay down. I start playing with my fingers as my mind got stuck on that story.

"Who was she? Girlfriend? Why was she so close to him? What they must be doing now?"

"Goddd why am I thinking too much. It's his life let him do whatever he wants. Why do I care?" I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

••••••••••••••

I came out of the house with my bag to see Cabir standing there leaning on his car. He was alone.

"Good Morning"

"Morning Miss Murtiy" He said taking my bag. We sat in the car and he start driving.

"So where are others?" I asked.

"They will come in a separate car"

"Why?" It was weird.

"Uhm... Because except for me and Mukti no one knows that you're joining us"

"What? Have you lost your mind Cabir? Don't you know Manik will never accept this. He will throw me out the moment he will see me there"

"He can't because once you reach there he will left with no option rather then to accept your presence"

"No Cabir no it's not a good idea you guys carry on I am not coming"

"You can't say no now Nandini we are going"

"But Cabir-"

"Trust me he won't say anything, plus Dhruv also invited some of his friends so I'm sure he won't have a problem. Chill" I sighed.

A long while later we reached the farmhouse. He picked up my bag and we entered inside. He took me to a room keeping my bag on a side.

"Listen, you will stay here and... You won't come out until I tell you to okay?"

"Look Cabir, I'm telling you this is so dangerous. Aren't you afraid of Manik?" I asked. He start laughing.

"Afraid? Are you serious? Is he a dinosaur to be afraid off? Chill Nandini he is a human he won't bite" I made a bad face.

"Stay here and wait for me okay" I nodded. I sat on the bed using my phone.

While outside the room. They all reached the farmhouse and sat on the couch relaxing themselves.

"So Cabir what urgent work you had here to come early?" Alya asked.

"Dinner" Cabir said.

"Dinner?" She asked back.

"Yeah I had to check if mausi had prepared the dinner or not" He said

"Let's eat something then I'm hungry" Mukti said and they settled down to eat.

I was sitting on my place tapping my foot and waiting for Cabir but he is still not here.  He came here a while back giving me the food then left saying he will come again but he is still not here. The door get opened and I stood up. I hide myself behind the curtain. What if it's not Cabir?

I peaked out to see and was shocked as it was Manik. He was standing there shirtless finding something in the bag. What is he doing here? Ayappa, I'm gone.

Alina ❤️