Chapter Twenty-one - Jager

Chapter Twenty-one

Jager

Guests were starting to arrive and being master I had to meet and greet at the door and take them to the hall where the party was being held. The humans had been running around nonstop all night, the event had been planned months ago so that vampires from out of the country could come. By ten o’clock I stayed in the hall and the humans answered the door and showed the guests were to go. The room had been decorated in black and silver. There was silver glitter over the floor and black ribbon everywhere. I shifted in my black suit.

“When is the princess expected to make her entrance?” asked lord Digory. Digory was a very old acquaintance; he was a short, plump little man with grey eyes and red hair.

“Chasseur prefers not to be called by her title. And she runs on her own schedule.”

“I’ve heard rumours that she is being escorted by a human,” he said.

“You have heard correctly.”

“Who is this human? He must be some human.”

“She is. She is mine.”

“Yours, master?”

“Yes.”

“A pet or a lover?”

“What business is it of yours?”

“None. My curiosity gets the best of me sometimes.”

“Obviously.”

Lidia walked over to us. She was wearing a black dress that had a split half way up her thigh and showed off most of her chest. “Master, lord Digory,” she said nodding her head to each of us.

“Ah, Lidia,” Digory said. “Don’t you look wonderful.”

“Thank you, my lord,” she said, grinning savagely.

Lidia and Digory talked among themselves and I went to speak to other guests. I was bordering on inpatient’s when Perna came to tell me Chasseur was ready to come in.

 I walked over to the grand double-doors she would enter in and called for every ones attention.

“Lords and ladies, please welcome, Princess Chasseur.” I opened the door, Chasseur and Violet stepped though, Chasseur had her arm through Violets. Violet looked very nervous with everyone watching them. I took Chasseur’s hand and kissed her knuckles. “Happy birthday, Chass.”

She hissed at me. “Don’t ever call me by my title again.”

“Of course, Princess.

She gave me a sweet smile and began to crush my fingers in hers. I tried to hold in a groan of pain and she continued to smile and crush my fingers. “What was that, Jager?”

“Of course, Chasseur.”

She grinned. “That’s what I thought. Now baby brother, I’m going to find me some one handsome to dance with.” She let go of my hand, unhooked herself from Violet, giving us both pecks of the cheeks and entered the crowd. I looked at Violet and she was absolutely stunning. She wore a very short, dark green dress, it had three quarter sleeves that covered most of her scars, the rest of them on her arms Chasseur had done something to that made them almost invisible. It didn’t reveal any of her chest the way Lidia’s and Chasseurs did but it had no back in it, where Chasseur had also covered her scars. She was only two inches shorter than me now in her black heels. Her hair was in loose curls like always and she wore almost no makeup and she was the most amazing creature in the room.