I need you

One evening as the moon shone over Ithaca, Penelope found herself unable to sleep. The suitors presence echoed in the halls. Seeking solace, she made her way to the beach. The sand was cool beneath her feet as she walked along the shoreline. She reached the waters edge and paused, gazing out at the sea to where ever Odysseus may be.

With a deep breath, Penelope stepped into the water, feeling its cool embrace against her skin. She sat in the sand, the gentle wave lapping around her. The sensation was soothing.

Penelope closed her eyes, letting the peace of night wash over her. She whispered softly to the ocean. "Odysseus, my love, pease come back to us. Ithaca needs you. I need you."

"Everyday I weave and unravel the shroud, hoping to buy us more time. But how much longer can I hold them off? How much longer can I protect our son and our home?"

The waves whispered back to her. She took a deep breath drawing strength from the love she carried in her heart.

"I will be strong, Odysseus." she vowed. "I will protect our home and Telemachus until the day you return."

Penelope sat there for a long time, feeling the cool air and water against her skin. Eventually she turned and made her way back towards the palace.

As she walked back, she felt a renewed sense of hope. And one day, she believed the sea would bring her husband back to her and their family would be whole once more.