Hold me in your arms

One quiet night in the royal bedchambers, the serene atmosphere was disturbed by Penelope's restlessness. The room was bathed in the moon's light, yet Penelope could not find solace. Her swollen belly made it difficult to settle into a comfortable position and her thoughts were full of worry. 

She tossed and turned, each movement an attempt to ease her discomfort. Finally her movements stirred Odysseus from his slumber.

"Penelope?" he murmured, his voice thick with sleep and concern. "What troubles you, my love?"gently

Penelope sighed deeply, her frustration evident. "I can't rest Odysseus. The baby moves so much and my thoughts are too loud."

Odysseus shifted closer to Penelope. He gently placed his hand on her swollen belly. "Our little Telemachus is eager to see the world." he said softly with a small smile.

Penelope managed a tired smile. "Yes but he does not seem to care for his mother's need for sleep."

Odysseus chuckled, the sound low and soft. "Perhaps he takes after his father, always ready for adventure." he leaned in and kissed her lips. "Is there anything I can do? Tell me, my love."

Penelope's eyes soften as she placed her hand over Odysseus' hand which rested on her belly where they could feel their baby. "just stay with me, Odysseus." she whispered

Odysseus nodded shifting so he could cradle her in his arms. He began to hum a lullaby his mother sung to him when he was younger. The sound soothed Penelope's weary soul and she felt herself relax in his embrace.

As he continued to hum the lullaby. Odysseus whispered. "We're in this together, Penelope. You are not alone. Our son will be born into a world filled with love. I will awakes be here for both of you."

Penelope closed her eyes, letting the warmth of his words wash over her. The rhythm of his breathing, the steady beat of his heart and the gentle melody of the lullaby began to lull her into a state of calm.

With Odysseus by her side. Penelope's restlessness faded, As she drifted towards sleep, she whispered. "Thank you, Odysseus. I love you."

"And I love you, Penelope." Odysseus whispered back softly.