Pillars of the Team - (Hardik-Ro-Vi-Jassi)

The soft hum of the air conditioner filled the cozy room, mingling with the occasional click of buttons, bursts of laughter, and banter filling the hotel room. Rohit and Virat were sitting cross-legged on the red carpeted floor beside each other, in their shared hotel room, controllers in hand, eyes glued to the large TV screen in front of them. The dimly lit room was illuminated by the glow of the television screen, where an intense game of FIFA was unfolding. Rohit leaned forward with a playful glare at Virat. "Come on, Vi! That was a clear foul!"

His thumbs moved deftly across the buttons, guiding his virtual players with precision. "Ro, upset already? You know you can't handle my superior skills," he teased, his fingers navigating the game controls with practiced ease as he moved his player across the virtual field.

Rohit smirked, not willing to back down. "Superior skills, huh? Let's see how you handle this," he retorted, swiftly executing a series of passes, he made a daring attempt to breach Virat's defense, the tension between them palpable but it was all in good fun. "Goal!" Rohit shouted as he leaped up from the floor pumping his fist in the air as his player scored another point. "That's three for me!"

The score was tied at 3-3, and the timer was running out.

Virat was competitive, so losing wasn't something he took lightly, and Rohit being Rohit loved every moment of teasing him about it. "Looks like someone's losing their touch, Vi," Rohit quipped, a mischievous grin spreading across his face as he picked up the controller from the floor and flopped onto the bed this time. As he comfortably sprawled on his stomach, Rohit with a mischievous glint in his eyes, glanced over at Virat who was sitting cross-legged on the floor, and let out a groan.

Virat leaned forward, brows furrowed, his eyes narrowed with intensity his focus sharpening as he prepared to make his move. "Oh, you haven't seen anything yet, Ro. Just wait, I'm gonna wipe that smug smile off your face," he replied, rolling his eyes dramatically.

Rohit chuckled, leaning back comfortably. "Bring it on, Vi. I'm ready to see you try and fail miserably," he teased, a playful wink accompanying his words, settling into his position on the bed, controller in hand, while Virat shot him a glare, though there was a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Now, I'm definitely gonna wipe that smug smile off your face," he replied with mock seriousness, his competitive spirit igniting as he focused intensely on the game. He leaned forward, eyes narrowing as he prepared to mount a comeback. "And when I do, you'll be begging for mercy," he added with a sly grin, his fingers poised over the controller, ready to execute his next move with precision.

They both were so busy in the game, that they barely noticed Hardik and Jasprit, standing at the doorway, watching them with a hint of sadness. Rohit, not missing a beat, leaned over the edge of the bed. "Hey, Vi," he called out in a sing-song voice, "don't forget, the last time you said that, you ended up making me coffee for a week. Want to go double or nothing?"

Virat not backing down either, rolled his eyes with a smirk. "Oh, you're on, Ro. But this time, don't cry when I make you eat your words along with your virtual defeat," he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Turning towards Rohit, Virat gave him a playful glare, fully enjoying their banter. However, as Virat glanced towards the doorway, he saw Jasprit and Hardik standing at the doorway. Their demeanor struck him immediately—a mix of sadness tinged with curiosity. His eyebrows furrowed slightly in response to their unexpected presence.

"Hey, Harry, Jassi, what's up? Come on in," Virat called out cheerfully, his voice breaking the somber atmosphere. He waved them in with an inviting gesture, his competitive spirit momentarily paused as he acknowledged them.