Victory Brew - (Rohirat)

Leaning against the cool metal railing, Rohit's mind swirled with a mixture of emotions—pride, relief, and a touch of disbelief. They had done it: clinched the T20I World Cup after a fiercely fought tournament that tested their skills and resilience. The victory was not just a personal triumph but a testament to the hard work and unity of his team.

As he gazed out into the darkness, the noise of the celebrations faded into a distant hum, leaving him with a rare moment of solitude amidst the celebrations. He finally, allowed himself to reflect on the journey that had brought him to this highest level of success.

The echoes of cheers and chants from the stadium earlier in the day still echoed faintly in his mind. Memories of their journey flooded his mind – a vivid montage of grueling training sessions, strategic planning, the high-pressure and intense matches that tested their resolve, and the team's camaraderie. Each memory was vivid: the tension of close finishes, the elation of crucial victories, and the unwavering support of the fans. But if you were to ask Rohit, his favorite memory of the tournament, which one would he choose?

Maybe it would be the nerve-wracking opener against Australia, a match that had everyone on the edge of their seats. The game had swung back and forth, with every ball feeling like it could turn the tide. He could almost feel the adrenaline rush again, recalling his crucial knock that steadied the innings and the collective sigh of relief when their bowler sealed the final wicket, clinching a narrow victory.

Or Maybe it would be the heart-stopping semi-final against England. The pressure was immense, with the weight of expectations bearing down on them. He remembered the electrifying atmosphere in the stadium, the deafening roar of the crowd with every boundary, and the palpable tension during the final overs. The victory, sealed by a comfortable margin of 68 runs, had sent waves of euphoria through the team and their supporters.

Or Maybe it was the finals where Arshdeep was simply breathtaking, holding his nerve brilliantly, defending 14 runs to seal the victory for the team. He remembered that as the last South African batsman was dismissed, the entire team along with the fans erupted in wild celebrations. It was like he could see it replaying in his mind on a loop, very vividly.

As a gentle breeze tousled his hair and caressed his skin, a contented smile spread across Rohit's face. He closed his eyes, relishing the afterglow of their hard-earned success, feeling wrapped in the warmth of achievement, camaraderie, and Coffee?

Wait What?

Rohit snapped open his eyes to see a steaming cup of coffee being passed his way. Its rich aroma mingled with the cool night air, instantly comforting yet unexpected. Before he could look up to see who was passing the coffee, a familiar voice from behind interrupted his thoughts, "What are you doing out here alone, leaving the celebrations downstairs, Ro?"

Rohit didn't even bother to look up, yet a grin was already spreading across his face. He knew that voice all too well...Too well for him to recognize that voice even in his sleep.

"Shouldn't you be downstairs with the kiddos, Vi?" he chuckled, reaching for the coffee cup handed to him.

"Yeah, that was my original plan," Virat replied with a hint of playfulness in his voice, stepping closer to Rohit.

"But then, I thought my big kiddo might need me, so here I am, offering you some victory coffee instead." He grinned, handing the coffee to Rohit.

Rohit shot Virat a playful glare, raising an eyebrow as he took the coffee. He rolled his eyes in mock protest, but his smile betrayed his amusement. "I'm not a kid, Vi," he countered, taking a sip of the warm brew that matched the warmth of their camaraderie.