21. Loki

Loki had not stopped looking at Crypt she was healthy, happy and... not with him.

After her waking up he had given her space but that had just hurt him and now she was almost ignoring him. He had a heart-sized hole him is chest and Crypt had his heart. So when he saw her standing alone on the balcony Loki approached her and stopped beside her, looking at the view like they had done when he told her everything.

Crypt could feel Loki standing next to her but she held her gaze to the horizon. He had not visited her or spoken since she woke up. What ha she done?

They continued to avoid each other's presence until Loki snapped. "What the hell Crypt! Why are you ignoring me?"

"I am ignoring you? This is the first conversation we have had since I woke up. It's been a week!" Crypt met Loki's gaze and held it. Loki couldn't understand why he had 'given her space' he knew how messed up this was.

"I was giving you space"

"From what"

"To process everything"

"Like what happened before I pushed you off the plane?"

Silence. Loki had though of that moment every time he saw Crypt. They had kissed and she had pushed him, maybe to his death but at the same time she had saved his life. The woman he loved had saved his life and he had shut her out completely. She deserved so much better than him.

"I'm sorry. I never thanked you for saving me from the plane crash" Crypt said looking down at her feet.

Loki lifted her chin and then immediately regretted his actions, removing his hand. "Why do you stay in your human form?" he asked changing the topic.

"Well, why do you stay in your god form?" Crypt knew she had him there. Loki thought to when she had killed Odin. The huge spears of blood had ripped out of her chest and he had screamed her name as his brother held him back.

"Crypt, I am sorry that I ignored you, you didn't deserve it" Loki realised that these were the most honest words that he had said in a long time. Crypt looked up from the floor. "Do you mean that?" she asked.

Loki held her face and met her eyes. "Yes" he replied definitely.

Crypt stood on her tip toes and met Loki's lips before wrapping her arms around his neck.

The sun set on Avengers tower as Loki and Crypt reconciled and they stopped to watch it. Holding hand they silently promised to fight side by side for the rest of their lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"When is a monster not a monster?" Oh, when you love it" - Caitlyn Seihl