20: Tahanan

Mikha's P. O. V.

"Mikha Lim, wake up. Looove, gumising ka naaa." I woke up to the feeling of kisses all over my face. I opened my eyes and saw my girlfriend, Aiah, smiling from ear to ear.

"Good morning, my love!" I immediately smiled at the sight. Hay, kung araw-araw lang talaga ganito kaganda ang bubungad sa akin pag gising ko sa umaga ay hindi pa man ako nakakabangon, buo na agad ang araw ko.

Oops. 

I forgot we're living in the same house na nga pala. Aiah and I have been together for more than a year, and have been living under the same roof for six months already. Things have changed mula nang malaman ko na hindi pala alam ni Dad ang mga ginawa ni Mom. After their confrontation, their relationship never came back to how it used to be. Palagi na rin silang hindi nagkakasundo at halos lahat na lang ng bagay ay pinag-aawayan na nila. Two months later, they filed an annaulment.

Mom never apologized for what she's done done. She contacts me once a month, asking me how I am doing. I know she's only calling me to know if I'm still with Aiah. My answer to her question is always the same, I am very grateful and happy to be in my relationship. Despite all the bad things she's done to me, I always tell her how I'd love to spend my time with her kasama rin si Aiah and si Dad. But I never get any positive feedback from her.

I couldn't help but feel guilty because I felt like I was the one who ruined our family. Dad strongly disagreed, tho. He insisted that I should follow my heart and be happy. Dad never failed to show his support for Aiah and I's relationship. He treated Aiah like his own daughter, and my heart warms every time I feel my father's unconditional love.

"Good morning, my Aiah." She hugged me one last time before telling me to get up or else male-late ako sa graduation ko. 

Yep, you read it right. I am finally graduating from college. My last year in college was never easy, but thanks to Aiah's help, I could face all the challenges that came to me in the past year.

Aiah and I made each other's hair and makeup. She drove us to the venue, and Jhoanna and Stacey greeted us. Mom ended up revealing the truth to the public about Jhoanna's family. Mr. Robles didn't lose his job and continued to support his daughter's studies. Ilang linggo rin ang lumipas bago humupa ang mga usap-usapan tungkol sa issue.

"Mikhs, Aiah! Ang ganda niyo both." Bati ni Stacey bago kami magpaalam kay Aiah para pumila na dahil magsisimula na ang ceremony.

I saw Dad waving at me from the crowd. Kasama niyang dumating si Tito James, and they sat beside Aiah. After the graduation ceremony, we gathered together to take photos with my friends, Dad, Aiah, and Tito James. You might be thinking where Ian is. He is already paying for the consequences of his actions. I can't say that my resentment towards him had already faltered, but I hope our paths never came to cross again.

 We are having a family dinner tonight with Aiah and her father, I was hoping my Mom would come, but she never did. I guess this isn't the time yet. After our simple celebration, we made our way home to relax. Bukas balak sana namin ni Aiah na bumalik sa Batangas to have a week-long vacation doon sa rest house niya.

"Love, kumusta pala si Colet?" I asked her nang makapagshower na kami pareho at binoblower ko na ang buhok niya.

"Busy ata siya sa Cebu now, madaming inaasikaso since nagkasakit si Tito Vince." Aiah replied, which I understand.

Matagal ko na rin kasing hindi nakikita ang magkapatid na Sheena and Colet, I guess marami din silang pinagdadaanan now.

The next morning, we hit the road to Batangas. Pumunta muna kami sa rest house ni Aiah bago nag grocery at pumunta sa beach. 

"Maloi!" We both hugged her when we saw her sa beach.

"Uy, kumusta kayo love birds?" Nalalakad kami ni Aiah sa dalampasigan nang makita namin siyang pababa mula sa isang bangka.

"Mikha just graduated yesterday, and we came here to have a vacation," sagot ng girlfriend ko at cinongratulate naman ako ni Maloi.

"Looking for someone?" I asked nang mapansin ko na tumitingin-tingin siya sa likod namin ni Aiah.

"H-huh? Hindi, ah. Hindi ko naman hinahanap si Colet." Nauutal-utal niyang turan. Natawa kami pareho ni Aiah sa naging reaction niya.

"Miss mo ba? I can call her naman now, if you want?" Pang-aasar pa ni Aiah.

"No, thanks. Nakamove on na ako sa kaniya," Maloi answered with bitterness.

We don't know what actually happened between them. Basta isang araw, bumalik si Colet galing Batangas to pack her things bago lumipad pabalik ng Cebu. We tried asking her, but she never gave us any answer. Mukhang serious nga talaga dahil pati si Maloi na very clingy kay Colet ay bigla na lang parang ang laki ng galit dito. 

That evening, pumunta kami sa isang gig ni Maloi na sa beach lang din. Pumunta rin kami sa iba't ibang places ng Batangas sa loob ng isang linggo na iyon. 

"Mikha, should we go and travel the world together?" Aiah asked as we gazed at the setting sun from the beaches of Lian, Batangas. Ito na ang last day ng vacation namin.

"That would be wonderful, my love. I'd love to spend the rest of my days exploring and making new memories with you." I looked at her, and she was already looking at me. I pulled her in for a kiss.

"Thank God I wasn't coward enough to run away from you," Aiah whispered.

"Thank you for helping me find my way back to you," I whispered in return.

~~~~~~~~

I'll be posting the epilogue either tomorrow evening or sa susunod na araw. Hope you guys are doing fine=)