Chapter 62: Let Me Go

Qiao Mochuan drove back in a hurry from the bakery two blocks away. Before he stopped the car, he saw a familiar figure passing by through the window. There was a hint of joy on his face, and he walked so quickly that he didn't even notice him.

How come Lu Wenfeng suddenly appeared here?

Could it be that...

His heart sank immediately, he unbuckled his seat belt, opened the car door, walked hurriedly into the tea restaurant with his long legs, and rushed into the private room at almost the fastest speed!

The room was still filled with a faint aroma, a mixture of the freshness of meat, the sweetness of fruit, and the fragrance of flowers, all brought to the nose by the cool air from the air conditioner.

Lin Jianxi was still sitting quietly in his seat, nibbling on the veal steak happily. His mouth was full and there was not much food left on the plate. He also ate some of the animal-shaped snacks on the table.

The atmosphere was peaceful and tranquil, and everything was the same as when he left.

Qiao Mochuan felt relieved and couldn't help but secretly breathe a sigh of relief. The corners of his mouth curled up slightly to reveal a cynical smile. He was about to say something teasing, but his eyes turned to the table and the smile froze again.

It was a bracelet of excellent quality made of red sandalwood with golden stars all over it. The lid of the ochre-colored carved wooden box was placed aside, and a unique mark was engraved on the corner:

Lu Wenfeng had indeed been here, and Lin Jianxi had accepted his kindness!

Qiao Mochuan suddenly felt angry and subconsciously wanted to ask the young man if he had forgotten the pain again. But when he raised his eyes and met those bright and clear eyes, he was stunned.

Lin Jianxi's eyes were so strange.

He was looking at her with an extremely unfamiliar gaze, or more precisely, looking her up and down, as if they had just met for the first time.

That beautiful and flawless face showed a sense of distance, defense, and even a hint of cold scrutiny.

Qiao Mochuan probably didn't understand why the young man's attitude suddenly changed, but he seemed to have a premonition of the reason. A chill ran straight up from his spine to the back of his head, causing his throat to tighten unconsciously, and it took him a long time to find his voice.

"What's wrong?" He stretched out his voice in a relaxed tone, folded his long legs and sat down lazily on the copper high chair, his expression looking very natural.

Lin Jianxi did not answer.

He opened his mouth and swallowed the last piece of steak, chewing silently and swallowing it, then slowly put down his knife and fork.

The metal product fell on the white porcelain plate and immediately made a crisp sound, like a thunderclap exploding in Qiao Mochuan's heart.

"Did you buy the bread?" The tone of the inquiry was very light, like ice cubes floating on the surface of the wine.

"Of course." The man's face was as nonchalant as ever, but his fingertips were trembling as he unsealed the bag. "You're lucky. These are freshly baked and still warm."

Honey fillet, strawberry rant, air cake, mango tart, all of them are Lin Jianxi's favorite flavors, but he didn't turn his head to look at them, and there was no look of joy or satisfaction on his face.

"But I've eaten all the steak." He used a light narrative tone, but if you listened carefully it seemed like there was a hint of blame in his tone, blaming the man for being too slow and not catching up on time.