Chapter 67: It's just a stepping stone in his mission.

After following the man into the coffee shop, Lin Tiancheng realized that the "inconvenience" Lin Jianxi had just mentioned was indeed not a perfunctory excuse.

A handsome young man in a well-fitting suit sat in front of the grand piano. His slender fingertips danced as freely as butterflies. His brisk playing seemed to bring a warm spring breeze to the hall, just alleviating a little the excessive cold air from the central air-conditioning.

When the song ended, someone walked over quietly, as if he wanted to order a special song, but before he said a few words, he became a little dazed just by looking at that overly good-looking face.

Lin Jianxi seemed to have long been accustomed to such gazes. He asked and confirmed politely with a calm and gentle attitude. When his hands touched the keys again, they were several times faster than before.

The extremely jumping notes and the extremely difficult piano music seem to require the full use of all the pitch ranges in a very short time. It sounds difficult just by listening to it, but it seems to be done effortlessly by him.

Come to think of it, a place like Verdelite is not for just any pianist with a little bit of skill to get in. It's not just the piano skills that are important, but more importantly the manners, temperament, and even appearance.

Although Lin Jianxi grew up in an orphanage, his bearing and attitude in this regard are no less than any pampered young master, even his own brother!

Lin Tiancheng's eyes flashed, and the satisfaction in his eyes became deeper and deeper.

He said nothing, but sat beside and watched quietly. When the break time came, he took the initiative to step forward and gently and politely invited the young man into his box.

No matter how detailed the investigation information was, it would not mention what flavor of coffee Lin Jianxi liked, so the man ordered a cup of tea, which was the safest choice. The faint tea fragrance lingered between the two of them, diluting some of the awkwardness caused by their unfamiliar relationship.

"Sit down." He lightly raised his forearm and made a "please" gesture towards the seat opposite him. Even when looking up, he was still imposing, which was the majesty that came with being in a superior position for many years.

"Thank you." Lin Jianxi took a long step and took his seat. He folded his hands and placed them on the table. He did not touch the cup of tea in front of him. "I wonder why Director Lin wanted to see me today?"

However, Lin Tiancheng did not answer his question directly. He just smiled and called his name: "Xixi."

The young man's eyelashes trembled at the familiar name, but he seemed not to notice it. He took a sip of coffee and continued, "I heard the people in the welfare home call you that. Do you mind if I call you that too?"

This is undoubtedly an opening statement without any embellishment. It sounds kind and caring, but in fact it contains too much information. It is so straightforward that it is almost cruel, and even has an obvious meaning.

The young man frowned slightly, and didn't say he minded nor did he say he didn't mind, he just smiled back very politely.

He doesn't proactively explore, and doesn't ask rash questions. If they were playing chess at this moment, this kind of patience would be enough for him to win half the game.

Lin Tiancheng couldn't help being a little surprised. He didn't expect that he was so young and yet could keep his composure. So the smile on his face gradually deepened and his tone became more gentle.

"Xixi, I came here to ask you something. You grew up in an orphanage. How much do you remember about your life experience and biological parents?"

"I have lived in an orphanage since I can remember. It is my home." Lin Jianxi replied indifferently.