Chapter 14

Koi's pov:

"Is she asleep?" I ask Loki, glancing in my rear view mirror.

Salem's breathing seems to have evened out but she has lung issues so I can never really tell. Loki has her laying against his chest. Her head pillowed between two large pecs. She looked comfortable.

"Yeah she's out. Dante?" Loki mumbled.

I look to my right and see Dante passed out against the window. His mouth was wide open and he had some drool dribbling down his chin. Gross.

I glance back in the rear view mirror to catch Loki's eye. I nod my head in acknowledgment and focus back on driving. It's snowing currently and I fucking hate driving in the snow. I'm really glad this bitch has four wheel drive because it would suck royal ass if we got stuck in the snow.

"Hey you said the base is in Kaktovik right?" I ask.

"Mmmm not really. It's more north, deeper into the arctic circle. It's really just a check point. The base isn't registered on the map. Dante and I know how to get to the base from there tho."

I can see him running his fingers through Salem's long hair. The look in his eyes when he looks at her makes me mildly uncomfortable. Like she's some kind of prize.

I mean i'm really glad she found someone that loves her, because clearly he does, even though he hasnt realized it yet. But it's the obsession and pure claiming gleam that has me on edge.

"Hey about how long do you think before we reach Kaktovik?" I ask quietly.

"About 5  hours give or take with the snow, and then about 4 hours off road till we get to the base." Loki responded.

"Dante will drive from there tho. He's the best at driving in the snow." Loki said a moment later.

"Alright devil man go to sleep. I'll wake y'all up when we reach Kaktov." I say. Loki grunted and sank down a smidge further, gently pulling Salem closer to him. It wasn't long before his light snores could be heard.

I wonder how long she'll wait before she tells him her real name.

                                     ~~~000~~~

(Still Koi's pov: 👹)

At around 12:30 I pulled into a gas station, parking the jeep at a pump. I gave my self a moment to lean back and relax. My back and shoulders were sore from hunching over the steering wheel and squinting to see the lines of the road.

Pulling myself back together I decided it's time to wake up the sleeping killers and the poltergeist.

Taking a deep breath in i screech at the tops of my lungs-

" WAKE UP RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR THIS JEEP IS GOING OVER A CLIFF!!!"

The results of my wake up call are immediate. The first to move was Dante who shot up like a lightning bolt and grabbed the steering wheel shouting a panicked "NO!".

The second was Loki who seemed to wrap himself tighter around a struggling Salem.

And then there was the demon queen herself.

"GOD DAMN IT KOI I TOLD YOU TO STOP WITH THAT FUCKING SHIT OR I WAS GONNA KILL YOU!" She screeched at me.

In response to her outburst I did the only logical thing one who was a diagnosed maniac would do.

I laughed. I laughed my fucking ass off.

But I regretted it.

Like a light switch being flipped salem lunged at me with insane speed. Her thin fingers grabbed my throat and began jerking back and forth. I choked at the force she was using and managed to open the door and launch myself out of it.
I book it away from the angry woman chasing me.