5

“Can you hear me, Yeonmi?”

“Y–yes, I can.”

“Okay, good. How are you feeling right now?”

“Light... Peace, and silence.”

“Can you feel any dread, pain, or any regrets?”

“Yes... So many regrets, and pain. In my chest.”

“Why?”

“Taehyung... My boyfriend, my first love.”

“Can you continue?”

“He.. was– is my life. I wish I hadn't gone to Japan for those meetings. I would have been cuddling him right now...”

“Do you miss him?”

“Yes, very much..” I felt my tears gliding down my face.

“How did you two meet each other?”

“I was an orphan and built my company on my own struggles. He, was my new employee. He was a soft speaker, and clumsy. He would always make mistakes in the tasks I gave him. At first I would always scold him for them but then, I found myself falling for those cute mistakes and his habit of sheepish smiling whenever he made mistakes.” I softly smiled at the memory.

“Sometimes, I used to intentionally call him to my office and scold him even if there were no errors, and I loved when he smiled embarrassingly and apologized over and over again.”

“Later on, I had a business meeting for two weeks in London and I needed a company so I chose him, yet lied that higher authority chose him not me. I... fell for him deeper in those two weeks. And when we returned back, I confessed to him.” I let out a low chuckle at the memory of how he blushed before he confessed too and kissed me.

“We had been together for three years. I fell deeper in love with him and noticed every single thing about him. Like how he used to innocently lick his lips, how his eyes crinkled when he smiled and his box-like smile, so unique. His habit of fidgeting his hands when nervous, his cheeks puffed out when eating and mouth pouty and open when eating spicy food. Hilarious when he kissed me because ‘I taste sweet’. His warm and safe embrace, he loved cuddling me, after we both arrive at home from work. He also said that he would love to stay with me together, forever.”

“How are you feeling after saying all this?”

“Warm, like his hug.”

“Do you wish to feel like this forever?”

“Yes.”

“And would you want anything from him?”

“Anything that is related to him.”