11

“Do you think he will co-operate with us?” I asked Jeongguk as we waited for our first suspect, Jung Yuwon, to open the door.

“Urgh, who the fuck decided to ring the bell in 10 in the fucking morning?!?” His loud frustrated voice echoed through the door before it burst open.

“Who are you people?” He asked once he was full awake.

“Hello, I'm Yeonmi and he's Jeongguk. We want to ask–”

“NO! I don't want to talk with some reporters or shits! Go away!” He slammed the door on our faces.

“Lure him out.” The reporter retorted.

“Yuwon! Just let us in and we can talk! I have a job to offer you!–” Just as I said, we were both pulled inside.

“What job?” Now that we got a proper look, I could see the dark eye bags under his eyes and the structure of his face hallow and saggy.

“You can become an employee in my company if you will let us talk with you.” I offered.

“Okay, what do you want to ask me?” He sat down on a pile of unwashed clothes. Without having much choice over my sitting place, I sat on a least dirty couch with Jeongguk beside me.

“Kim Taehyung.” Jeongguk voices out.

“Who is that?” He paused before continuing. “Oh, that nerdy glasses! What about him? I hadn't seen him since my high school days.”

“He died.” He got frozen.

“W–what?” He stuttered.

“Yes, he... was my boyfriend. He died in an accident.” I told him, gripping my bag tightly.

“If he is dead, what does that have to do with me?” He asked.

“What I thought was an accident, was actually a murder. And we suspect you to be his murderer.” I said sternly.

“W–what?! Why would I murder him!?” He shouted, being offended.

“You used to bully him in school so we suspect you have something against him that drove you crazy that you murdered him.” Jeongguk told him.

“Sure, I did bully him but it was mostly for my fun! Also, I have not seen him for like six years!”

“Okay, where were you on October 19th.” Jeongguk asked a question which sounds like an statement.

“I was at a club, drinking, smoking and drugging.” Now that explains why his face was so... unrecognisable at first glance. He looked so different compared to his high school yearbook picture.

“Do you have proof that can tell us what you're saying is the truth?” The reporter again asked. I simply sat beside him and let him take control.

“Yes, I texted with a friend before going to the club and also have a couple of pics and videos of the club, which also includes me.” We both nodded at the man sitting on unwashed clothes before he took out his phone and showed us all the proofs.

While doing so, I caught sight of a swan tattoo on the side of his index finger. It was the size of a lipstick cap.

“Seems like you're telling the truth.” Jeongguk nodded, assuring himself.

“I am.”

“I guess then we will get going." I sighed and stood up along with Jeongguk.

“Wait, I'll get a job, right?” He asked just before we slipped through the door.

“Yes, just don't waste your salary on drinking and doing drugs.” I said as we both got out to our next hint.