23

“Yeonmi, now that you know Jaeboem killed Taehyung and he's a mafia boss AND he partially threatened Mr. Cha Eun-woo to sign his company to them. You NEED to get him behind bars!” Jeongguk ‘roared’ through the call.

“Yeah, yeah Jeongguk, I knowww!” I shouted at him.

“And did you get the secret files from his office?”

“Yeah, I'm about to go–”

A loud crashing sound was heard, and then my painful grunt followed. The phone slipped from my hand and Jeongguk's voice became distant.

“YEONMI?!? CAN YOU HEAR ME? YEOMNI!! FUCK!”

My consciousness began to float and fade away slowly.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

“Hope you're okay Miss Lee. The next meeting will be postponed until you're well.” Jaeboem gave a bouquet of flowers as well as a sympathetic smile.

“Yeah, my shoulder just... hurts.” I smiled back.

“I hope you get well soon Miss Lee.” This time surprisingly, Hoseok uttered warmly. I returned the smile with a nod.

“Can we get privacy, please?” Jeongguk requested who was sitting beside me. They all nodded and went outside.

“Can you tell what happened to you? Jesus, I was so worried!” He stated his worriedness.

“I don't know, I was driving safe! How did you find me?”

“Other cars passing by called an ambulance. And here you are, injured by an accident. It seems like someone tried to kill you and ran off.”

“What? Who would try to kill me?” I, sounding like a dumbfuck, retorted.

“Of course, Jaeboem, who else! Maybe he got to know that you know all his secrets and tried to kill you?” He mused.

“God, I'm preying that I must not die until I get justice for Taehyung then I'll retire from this life and be with Taehyung in heaven.”

“What? What about your boyfriend then?” He pouted. I swatted him away.

“Ew! No, you're NOT my boyfriend! Only Taehyung is!”