18 - 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌

CW: unsettling descriptions

Armin's mind is overstimulating, clouded with thoughts and theories to try and connect the dots. The dead, rotting corpse of Levi Ackerman is lying on the floor next to his best friend.

Blood is on Eren's shoes and hands, and if the blond narrows his eyes a bit, a splatter is visible on his cheek that's hidden behind his brown hair.

Eren's facial expression resembles no emotion, almost as if he's some form of robot programmed solely for the purpose of killing. It's terrifying, how the one Armin once gazed at with tenderness and admiration is now the one he gazes at with complete and utter horror.

Armin doesn't breathe nor move. Every muscle in his body is paralyzed as his eyes flicker from the corpse to Eren. Left then right, left then right.

As the puzzle pieces align, his azure eyes finally lock on Eren's.

"Eren... did you...?"

He can barely get a sentence out without imagining himself vomiting on the spot. He feels it bubble up in his throat, and the sickening feeling migrates itself in each of his veins and arteries. His heart throbs rapidly in his chest, almost about to burst out of his stomach and reduce him to another corpse on the ground.

Eren's face doesn't change. His eyes are lifeless, and his lips barely part when he speaks. "I had to," he states coldly, "he knew too much."

Armin takes a step forward, determined to fix his childhood friend's mental state. He looks into Eren's eyes, trying so hard to gaze at him the way he once did. "Eren, what... what did he know? Don't tell me... you were the one who..."

The brunette glances down at the body, no remorse present in his seemingly nonexistent heart. "I was."

The blond has to clasp a hand over his mouth to prevent the vomit from escaping his lips, his face turning visibly green as his eyes drift towards the pool of blood slowly inching towards his left boot.

"You killed... all of them? Every single one was because of... you?" he questions, the back of his mind already knowing the answer.

"Every single one," Eren confirms.

Another hand slaps over Armin's mouth, his eyes shutting tightly as he silently begs to wake up from this nightmare. "Eren!" he cries, "what the hell?!" He lets one of his arms hang down and counts on his fingers. "Connie, Commander Shadis, Marco, Jean, Reiner... you killed them all?!"

Eren gestures towards the dead body. "Levi, too."

Armin takes another step forward, blood splashing under the weight of his boots. "Snap out of this! You're killing people! What, you're gonna kill me next?!"