19 - 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌

CW: blood and unsettling descriptions

Another funeral. The sixth one you've been to. The sixth one you've had to wear a uniform for because the Training Corps forbids you to wear any other clothing. The sixth monologue from a loved one, the sixth break down from a loved one, and the sixth time you've sat in this same spot, feeling the same, cold air blow over your skin and cause the flowers placed by the casket to  sway in different directions.

You loathe the experience almost as much as you loathe the one who caused it.

You refuse to even glance at the coffin. It serves as a reminder that Levi is dead. Never coming back, just like the rest of them.

Eren focuses his gaze on your pensive state and places a comforting hand over your own, giving it a small yet reassuring squeeze. He seems to have forgotten the promise the both of you made, or he simply doesn't want to speak about it.

The sun shines brightly on the campus, the atmosphere a polar opposite to the morale of the training regiment. Sniffles and sobs fill your ears, the occasional shift of a chair or caw of a distant bird being the only other coherent noises.

Eren's jaw clenches as he observes the scene he created. Levi's casket is currently being buried adjacent to Reiner's, the tombstone already prepared for him. Hange's hands clench the chair, teeth gritting and eyes closing. Tears are form but are pushed away, crying being one of the most immense signs of weakness in her eyes.

Eren can't bear to look at everyone. The cumbersome guilt is mauling him down every second of the day, his shoulder sagging and his head lowering. His face is devoid of color, viridian eyes that once held so many different emotions now stone cold as he stares at the ground.

His finger subconsciously rubs the skin of your hand, his limbs harboring more feeling than his own mind. He despises how he's the root cause of your misery, and he despises how the reality is an addiction he can't rehabilitate from. The cycle continues to repeat, no matter how much anguish he feels at the end of each murder.

Armin has been taken to a small, claustrophobic cell far from the regiment. He's forced to attend court before prison, and they don't trust him to roam in public before his trail commences tomorrow.

He didn't do anything wrong. It was all Eren. Eren wants to scream the truth for everyone to hear, but the words are stuck in his throat. He can't harbor the guilt of watching his best friend stand inside a jail cell. The truth has been confined in the cages of his heart for too long, and he desperately craves to spill out these overwhelming feelings before rotting the rest of his life away in prison instead of Armin.

But he can't.

He would depart from the one person he would give the world for. You.

A life without you is a life he doesn't want to be apart of.