Chapter 14

Silence filled the room, the three of them were in Aderi's room, her arms crossed as she looked at Claudia and Lily who were standing in front of her.

"Lily, I'd like to talk to Claudia alone" Aderi turned her gaze to Lily.

She turned to Claudia, you could tell in her eyes, that she didn't want to leave Claudia alone.

"M'lady...please, believe us, Claudia didn't do any--"

"I just want to talk to her Lily, I want to hear the full story from her perspective" Aderi was quick to shut down Lily.

She remained silent, looking down at the floor, she truly didn't wanna leave Claudia.

"Lily, just go" Claudia spoke up, her tone a bit low.

"But--"

"Listen to her ladyship, she is our master" Claudia responded, she too was quick to shut down Lily.

She bit her lip, before nodding slowly. She slowly walked towards the door, but, she took one more glance at Claudia before walking out of the door.

*Click*

Another short silence filled the room after Lily left.

Aderi turned to Claudia, diverting her attention to her.

"Let's continue" Aderi spoke up, Claudia was quick to nod.

"What happened for such a commotion to happen?" Aderi tilted her head as she waited for Claudia to respond.

"I...froze up when I heard Lady Rose's voice, and I wasn't fast enough to greet her, she hates being greeted late" Claudia responded her eyes glued to the floor.

"Is it true? Lady Rose used to be your master?" Aderi questioned, trying to clear out some things.

"Yes..." Claudia was quick to answer.

"Why did you freeze up? What is this secret she mentioned?" Aderi questioned, her tone was now firm.

"I..." Claudia paused, she was trembling now.

"Is she...perhaps...blackmailing you?"

With that question Claudia tensed up even more, she trembled more.

"Claudia..." Aderi called out, but Claudia's eyes remained glued on the floor.

"Claudia" Aderi called out again, her voice slightly rising, she forced herself to look up at Aderi.

Yet, the person in front of her doesn't have that orange hair and golden eyes that she fears the most.

Her body slightly relaxed as she saw the person who was looking back at her had a soft expression in her Reddish-pink eyes.

"Claudia..." Aderi called out again concern laced in her voice this time.

"M'lady..." Finally, she responded, a slight tremble could be heard in her voice.

"Tell me, Claudia...Whatever it is, I promise not to judge you" Aderi held Claudia's shoulders.

Her hands were warm and comforting, her voice, her gaze, it was one of a friend who is willing to accept anything. She gulped.

"Nevermind...I shouldn't force you" Aderi slowly moved her hand away.

"It's fine...I'll talk" Claudia responded as she shifted her gaze back down on the floor.

"I'll listen" Aderi reassured her, and she nodded.

"Lady Beatrice used to be my master, I served under her, the reason I froze up when I heard her so suddenly is because...I fear she'll hurt me again" Claudia held her hands together, fidgeting.