Chapter 22

"CAW! YOU NEED TO BRUSH YOUR HAIR! MAYBE A TRIP TO A BARBER WOULD NOT BE A BAD IDEA! CAW!"

"THOSE LETTERS ARE TAKING TOO LONG! HURRY UP! CAW!"

"HAVE YOU PACKED EVERYTHING? I SWEAR YOU'RE FORGETTING SOMETHING – YES, YOUR HOMEWORK, STUPID BOY! CAW!"

"YOU NEED TO EAT WELL! EAT! EAT! CAW!"

"GIRLS, DO YOU HAVE SOME POTIONS FOR HIS HAIR? CAW!"

Harry had the inclination to cast a Muffliato one his automaton around fifty times even before he and his friends had gotten down to the Great Hall for breakfast. The bird was now insisting on escorting the boy everywhere in order to "keep a closer eye on him and make sure he kept to the schedule, caw!". While it was a source of great amusement to his friends, the Boy-Who-Wished-He-Had-Sent-A-Second-Prank-To-Rowle-For-Making-Him-Put-Up-With-This-Shit was not happy.

Not happy at all. Indeed, Jehoshaphat the owl was much happier than Harry was; the owl didn't try to peck and scratch them as Harry sent him on his way with the letters.

The Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and Slytherins loved laughing at Harry's expense, especially when the raven automaton started putting the syrup on Harry's breakfast crumpets and started insisting that he needed to eat every last morsel.

"I have no idea how he did it, but I would love the shake Rowle by the hand," Seamus commented, chuckling away into his pumpkin juice.

"Me too," Dean grinned.

"I am rather glad I don't have one, though," Neville put in with a smile.

Ron tried to change the subject to try and save some of his best mate's dignity. "Hey, Gin. I see that Jeho didn't peck your eyes out last night."

Ginny gave her brother a pointed look. "His name is Jehoshaphat, Ron!"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Look, I am not going to say that long-ass name every single time; I can call him 'Jeho' or 'Phat'. You can take your pick!"

"He did look like he wanted to peck my fingers when I gave him the letters this morning," Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, but Jehoshaphat just doesn't like you," Dean chuckled.

"I don't think that bird likes anyone," Justin commented from behind them, grinning. "I think he simply tolerated Ginny because she gave him no other choice."

Ginny huffed a little at hearing that.

"Oh look. Ferrars and Kingsley and a bunch of others have some of those weird glasses Luna has," Ron suddenly commented, craning his neck a little. "I wonder why they have those. Have those idiots been reading the Quibbler too?"

"Ron," Ginny stated warningly.

"You have to admit that magazine is mad, Gin," Dean stated neutrally.

"Yes, but Luna's father is the editor, and Luna is our friend – it's only polite to read it," Ginny responded primly.

"I hear their new edition has got an article on rare plants," Neville put in with a smile. "I would like to know which ones and maybe see if I can get my hands on one or two."

"I wouldn't mind looking at some of their weird runes," Harry added.

"I think it could be a laugh to read, but fun," Ron felt like he should contribute as well.

"YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES BEFORE YOU NEED TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FIRST LESSON! CAW! FINISH YOUR TEA! CAW!"

"I hope it keeps its mouth shut during class because I don't fancy getting another detention because my nanny bird cannot keep be quiet!" Harry wailed.