Ch.1

3rd POV

Saija was sound asleep in his tent when he heard a loud noise, like leaves crunching and twigs snapping. He snapped his eyes open and saw a towering, burly man's form casting a silhouette on the outside of his tent.

Unsure of what he was seeing, he rubbed his eyes, his breath getting caught in his throat as he questioned the veracity of what he was seeing. When his eyes opened again, the shadow had vanished. He took a small swallow as he wondered what he should do. Letting out a shaky breath, he reached for his water bottle and slipped on his jacket.

He carefully unzipped the door to his tent and peered out to survey his surroundings. It was pitch black out. Grasping his flashlight, he switched it on, only to find that the light was flickering.

"Fuck. Please just work." Shaking the flashlight, he begged himself. He breathed a sigh of relief as it stopped flickering. "Thank you." He breathed in relief, shining the flashlight at his surroundings. The dull bulb didn't offer much, but it did offer him peace of mind to know he couldn't see any obvious danger.

As he was about to turn around and go back to sleep, he paused, noticing footprints right beside his tent. His brows furrowed in confusion. They were too big to be his...way too big.

"What the fuck?" He whispered to himself as he slowly got out of the tent, making sure to zip it behind him. He quickly slipped on his shoes, readying himself to leave. It didn't matter if he left everything behind—he could always return in the morning to retrieve it all—he had to leave.

He trekked onward, feeling nothing but anxiety as he grew weary of his surroundings. Sounds all around him, some near, some far. He rationalized them, saying they were just animals.

As he ventured deeper into the forest, he gradually came to the realization that he couldn't recognize any of his surroundings and that he was in fact lost. Panic began to set in, and he let out a shaky breath.

"Get your shit together." He whispered, lightly slapping himself across the face.

Taking in a deep breath, he started to study his surroundings and attempt to figure out if he could follow his path again. It didn't look promising. He didn't have a sense of direction, and he could barely tell where he came from.

As he was about to resume his walking, he remembered something, he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his phone. He clicked it on, checking to see if he had service, but sadly he was shit out of luck.

He let out a soft exhale. Gently rubbing his temples in an attempt to calm his nerves. But that's when he felt it, a sudden presence forming behind him. He froze. Heat from the unidentified presence spread to him surrounded him, and he listened to their heavy breaths. He was at a loss for what to do. Should he run? Beg? Or let them carry out their intended course of action?

Before he could even come to a consensus, something heavy struck the back of Saija's head, forcing him to collapse to the ground with blood oozing from the freshly opened wound. As he began to lose consciousness, he felt someone's gloved hand brush against his face. Then darkness consumed.

*******

I know the chapters short...but idrc cause it's my book and it's wattpad soooo, and they will get longer... Anyways, goodnight y'all<3

Word Count: 599

-Yeva