Frosty Seduction

Stop reading....vote and then continue reading.............

He slowly untied her blindfold, ending all her questions. Her eyes slowly opened to witness lights of different colors dancing in front of her. There was a beautiful display of hues of yellowish-green and greenish-blue swirling unpredictably in the clear night sky. It looked like it resembled neon glitters dancing in the dark.

Lying on a mattress in the middle of a room shaped like an igloo, with one side made of glass providing a view of the celestial miracle, Shivi marveled at the snow-covered ground. It felt like a scene straight out of a Narnia movie.

Josh, breaking the silence, began, "They are..." but Shivi cut him off abruptly, "Northern lights...."

Once again, he whispered in her ears, "Happy birthday, darling."

Turning towards him, with surprise written all over her face she questioned, "So you knew all along?"

Josh nodded, foreheads still touching. "How can I not know the birthday of my love? I had to blindfold you until midnight to surprise you sharp at midnight."

Tears rolled down Shivi's cheeks as she confessed, "No one has ever made me feel this special."

"Get used to it, baby. You are going to have this feeling often", he stated with love brimming in his voice.

Shivi looked at him keenly and questioned with serious expression on her face, "So was there any work at all?"

Josh chuckled, shaking his head no. Tensed, Shivi got down from the bed and stood in front of him.

Shivi narrowed her eyes as she questioned, "So you are emptying the $40,000 you earned on the stock market on my birthday?"

Josh got up and sat on the bed, responding, "Baby, sometimes certain things are worth the money we spend. I will earn more in the future, but I can never get back this first birthday of yours with me."

With a furrowed brow, Shivi asked, "You told me your client offered you a private jet and just now admitted to me that it is not a business trip. What else have you been lying to me about? Now, I seriously find things fishy."

Josh looked at her, stroked his chin, and thought that maybe this is the right time to tell her everything. He stood up, went near her, and tried to take her hands in his, but she withdrew her hand.

Shivi expressed her concern, "Josh, it feels like you're following in the footsteps of my parents, and it's stirring up all those same feelings. It's like you're keeping me in the shadows, just like they did. With them, there were always warning signs, but I let my love override those concerns. And now, seeing you hide things from me too, it's striking a chord of fear inside me. You can't imagine the internal battle I've fought to place my trust in you – it's been enormous. To be honest, I've never had many friends in my life because I've struggled to trust anyone. But with you, I took that leap of faith, let my guard down trusting you blindly. These actions, though, are triggering those same fears all over again, and I'm left feeling truly scared."

Josh was silent, unsure of what to say. He sensed that she was already over the edge so he was questioning himself about how to disclose the truth. Shivi continued, "Josh, you speak about the future with me a lot, but if you can't explain your current actions, how can I trust you with my future?"

In his thoughts, Josh weighed her valid point and worried about her current state of mind. He realized he was caught in his own game and decided, "Let me get my head straight on how to go about it and then tell her. This will change her life. It cannot be told casually."

Shivi pressed, "Josh, I am waiting for your reply." Josh responded, "I have nothing to say to you, Shivi. You can check my bank account. I have been trading since I was 18, and all the expenditure I do is from that. I swear on you, I am not lying about it."