Chapter 29: Peak into the past

{1 week later}

Y/n:"Can't believe I agreed to this"

You comment flying through the air, The hot sun and the ongoing heat wave not making the flight any better.

The reason for your arrival here is because you decided to go against the command of the voice that shouted at you last time.

"Foolish child, You don't need to get yourself involved with them. It will only bring you more harm than good"

The voice continues to scold you.

Y/n:"Who's to say you want the best for me? Before you I had to deal with nobody and that individual didn't enjoy seeing me thrive"

"Seems you aren't so trusting, That'll make things more difficult. Turn back now and you won't have to suffer much when the time comes"

Y/n:"So I'll still suffer even if I don't go there? *Sigh* Why do I always attract the cruelest of beings?"

"Just stop it and-"

Y/n:"Oh! I see something up ahead"

SCP 001(One of many): The Gate Guardian.

Y/n:"Wow! That dude is gigantic!"

You admire the beauty of the flames dancing in the air, Not straying far from the guardian, They assume the shape of angelic wings. The gate  remains stationary not moving a single muscle, The only thing that moves are the flames.

001(gate):"Y/n, So you have decided to return"

You stop in your tracks, Halted by the telepathic greeting.

Y/n:"You know me?"

001 stands unmoving.

001(gate):"Yes, But considering what had to be done last time. I am not surprised you don't remember anything since that was God's intention"

Y/n:"Wait, God?!"

001(gate):"Yes, The one you are thinking about, But it is not my place to tell you everything since that is something he wants to do by himself"

You are still surprised by what you have been told, God directly interfered in a part of your life you can't remember.

001(gate):"But I can give you some assistance"

Y/n:"You are willing to help me?"

001(gate):"Yes I am, This isn't enough to repay you fully but it can at least remove some of the debt you have placed onto me"