Chapter Fourty-Nine

Yllani

   I immediately teleported to my mother’s chamber as soon as the messenger told me that she was poisoned.

  Nang makapasok ako sa loob ay napatingin ang lahat sa akin.

   Hindi ko sila pinansin bagkus ay lumapit ako sa kinaroroonan ng aking Ina na nakahiga sa kaniyang pahingahan.

   Nagbigay sila ng daan para makalapit ako ng tuluyan. Hinawakan ko ang mga kamay nito at napakalamig nito tulad ng niyebe. Wala siyang malay at namumutla ang mga labi niya.

   Lumingon ako sa mga tagagamot na parang walang ginagawa.

   “Why are you just standing there? Go cure my mother!” Sigaw ko sa kanila ngunit tila ba wala silang narinig.

   May lumapit sa aking medyo matandang babaeng immortal.

   “I believe there is nothing we can do for her Majesty, your Highness.” Aniya.

   “What do you mean?” My heart was racing, my mind is messed up.

   “The poison used to her was incurable. Ambroucia flower is seriously dangerous.”

   Napaisip ako. “Ambroucia flower? The flower we had in the garden?” Tanong ko. Napatango siya.

   “The only flower we had in the whole Three Realms.”

   “I already know the answer to this but, is there something we can do?”

   Napailing siya kaya naibagsak ko nalang ang mga balikat ko dahil alam kong hindi iyon magagamot ano pa man ang gawin namin.

  “The only cure we have is the flower itself, now that there is no trace of Ambroucia flower left in the garden, there is no cure.”

   I felt my body trembling, still, I stood up and placed my hand in my mother’s.

   I closed my eyes. Now that I became a full Goddess and achieved the final level of being the most powerful God in the Realm, maybe I can cure my mother with my power?

  I can feel my power run inside my body to my mother’s but I opened my eyes as I felt the energy rise and comes back at me.

   “What’s happening?! Why can’t her body take my healing magic?” I asked the Head Healer.

   “That’s the other reason why Ambroucia is too dangerous to grow here, it cannot be healed by a God’s magic, even the ancient Gods cannot cure her.”

   “T–then... how long will my mother last?” My voice cracked.

   Tumingin akong muli sa Emperatris na tila ba natutulog lamang.

   “.... Ambroucia is not curable yet the victim’s body and life can last for three days, after that, both her soul and body will turn to ashes, also, it may prevent the soul to reincarnate to another body. Her death will be permanent...”

   Ang mga salita niya ay tila ba sirang plaka na paulit-ulit sa ulo ko habang ako ay naglalakad.

   “Go search for possible suspects for this case. Warn everyone about the culprit and close the gates, create a barrier so no one can go outside this Kingdom till I find who the hell harmed my mother!”

  They yelled yes and hurried outside.

  “Do also check the garden, the culprit may have left traces. Report to me as soon as you find something strange.”

   “Call all officials, Generals, do include the Royalties for an emergency gathering!”

   Nang umalis na sila sa harap ko ay siya namang paghagip ng tingin ko kay Zyro kasama ang ama nitong papunta sa silid ng aking Ina.

   Napahinga ako ng malalim.

  All of these were too sudden, who would I blame? Masyado akong naging kampante.

  Pumasok ako sa silid kung saan lahat ng mga heneral at opisyal ng Palasyo ay naroroon.

  Pagpasok ko ay tumayo silang lahat at sabay-sabay na yumuko at nagbigay galang. Nang marating ko ang aking trono ay siyang pagayos nila ng tayo.

  “Please, have a seat.” Sabi ko.

  Hindi ako naupo sapagkat hindi ko gugustuhing maupo gayo’t alam kong hindi pa nagigising ang aking Ina.

  Biglang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok ang anim. Yumuko sila at dumiretso sa kanilang upuan.

  “I won’t make this long, the Empress was poisoned and I know that the one who did this was only around.”

  Dahil sa mga utos ko kanina ay may naglahad ng mga ebidensya ng paglason sa Emperatris.

  “I make the daily beverages of the Empress, but, the wine she drank was not mine. I have been serving the palace for a very long time yet it is my first time to be accused of poisoning.”

  “I am the head chef of the Palace, I make the daily food for the Empress and I am confident that I did not prepare the beverage of the Empress, just the bread and fruits in her usual breakfast.”

   “I was the closest maiden to the Empress and I was the one who was handed the tray of her food for her to eat earlier, yet I was confused of an unfamiliar beverage and so do the Empress but she thought the kitchen is only giving her surprises. After she took a sip of the beverage, she fell to the ground and the beverage quickly dried up in the cup.” Said Olice.

   The room was filled nothing but gasps.

   May isang lalaki ang pumunta sa gitna, napagtanto kong isa itong heneral.

  “Permission to ask, Your Highness.” He lowered his head then looked at me.

  “Go ahead.”

  “Where is your necklace? The one you never takes off?” He asked.

   Napakunot-noo ako sabay hawak sa leeg ko na kung saan ang bagong kwintas ko ay nakasabit.

  “I may have lost it. Why are you asking me this? Is there any chance that my necklace could get involved in this case?” I asked.

   “Get the guards here!” Utos niya sa isang sundalo.

   May dalawang pumunta sa gitna. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali ay mga bantay iyong ng hardin ng Palasyo.

   Bigla nilang inilabas ang isang kwintas. “We found this necklace near the Ambroucia plant was located.”

   “May I ask if you own this necklace, Your Highness?” He once again asked. With his tone of voice, he seems like he was mocking me? Or is it just me who noticed that?

   “Yes. I own that necklace.” Everyone in the room gasps.

    “When was the exact day you remembered you have lost it?”

   “I don’t know how it end up there, I may have lost it when we visited the palace’s garden. The Royalties are my witnesses, they were with me that day.”

   The noise began to arise.

   “What are you pointing out, General?” I calmly asked.

   Are they accusing me of stealing the flower?

   “Both of you, speak.”

   “Last night, the Goddess Yllani visited the garden. The only way you can enter in the garden was to be permitted to enter, like Healers, or to have the diamond flower necklace that only the Goddess own. That is also the night the flower may have lost.”

—end of Chapter Fourty-Nine—