Chapter Fifty Nine

“How was your meeting with the council?” My mother asked.

  She is still in her bed as advised by the Healers.

  “It’s fine, mom. It feels unreal that I get to be able to sit on that throne again and be the head of the council.” Sabi ko naman.

  Grabe ‘yung naramdaman ko noong natapos ang paglilitis kay Shanley. Halo-halong emosyon. Hindi ko masasabing masaya ako dahil alam kong marami ang nasaktan, hindi ko din dapat maramdaman na malungkot at maawa dahil kung hindi dahil sa kanya hindi sana nalagay sa peligro ang buhay ng ina ko.

I was peeling a fruit for her to eat. It is good for faster recovery. Sinisigurado ko din na ligtas ang mga kinakain niya bago iyon ibigay sa kanya. Mabuti nang siguro kaysa magsisi sa huli.

“You have been the head of the council even before leaving our Realm. What do you meant by that?” Dagdag na tanong pa niya.

“Hmm... nothing, I just feel free to say whatever I want. It was different before, I have to show courtesy and respect to everyone even though they were wrong. They even accused me of poisoning you, and I slapped the evidences to their faces.” I gave the Empress the fruit I just peeled.

Tinikman niya iyon at kinain. Simula noong magising siya ay nawala ang sense of taste niya kaya wala pa itong ganang kumain but now,

“You can taste it now?” She nodded.

  Little by little she regained strength and was conditioned, and with that, I feel proud of myself.

I told her everything that's happening here while she was unconscious. I did not brag what I did, yet she was very proud and happy for me.

“I am so proud of you my dear, you never disappointed me on whatever decisions that you made. You saved my life in so many ways,”

“I will do everything for you mother...” We both smiled to each other.

I poured a water on a cup. My throat feels dry.

When I was about to drink it, she asked,

“So, when will you get married?”

Nabilaukan ako at naibuga ko ang iniinom kong tubig. Umubo ako sobrang nagulat dahil sa sinabi niya.

  Seryoso?!

“Mother!” I said while coughing.

“Are you okay?” Tanong niya. Sincere nga ito pero napansin ko na parang pinipigil niyang tumawa.

  Okay? San niya natutunan ‘yon?

“After what sacrifices I did? After what I did to you, mother? You’re going to abandon me just like that?” Pagtatampo ko.

Doon na nga siya tumawa.

See? Parang hindi nanay ah... ansama!

“Of course not! I will forever be grateful to raise a daughter like you. But, let’s look at the other side of growing, you need someone to be with you, support you and take care of you.” Aniya.

“I can do all of that on my own, mother.”

My mother’s expression softened. My weakness.

“What do you really want, mother?” Walang ganang tanong ko.

“It’s not just what I wanted, Yllani. You will be soon become the Chief of Gods, you can’t have both my throne and the whole three Realms, that is why... we need an heir from you.”

Nanlaki naman ang mga mata ko.

What??

Ano ako baby maker machine?

Nang mapansin niya ito ay tumawa na naman siya. Loka loka na ang nanay ko.