Chapter 16

"We gonna get you out of here." Clarke tries as hard as he can to open the lock, but it doesn't work. I go in search of something to break it open and come back with a metal bar. With all my strength I manage to break the lock, but before we can help Anya out, someone comes in and the three of us squeeze into the cage. The doctor takes it off the table and notices us because of the loud moaning. She walks slowly through the cages but quickly turns round again as they reach for her.

As soon as she's outside, we go out. "Okey. Here we gotta go. Now." We both take Anya by one arm and help her to walk as she has almost no strength left. She's totally emaciated and wearing almost nothing except a few scraps of cloth. I let go of her briefly to open a big door that says "Danger" in bold letters. There's a small room behind it and the door closes the moment we're inside. Clarke immediately runs over and tries to get it open again, but it's no use. "What is that?" I look at Anya and my heart pounds with fear as the floor suddenly opens beneath us and we fall through a slide onto something soft.

"What the- what the hell!" I look around and all I see are half-dead Grounders lying in a heap. "Lillya take my hand." I immediately grab Clarke's hand and she pulls me out before helping Anya too. "Were out." Me and Anya are still trying to get our breathing under control as Clarke runs to a pile of clothes from Grounders. "Come on, get dressed."

I run to Clarke, but Anya doesn't run after us. "Anya, listen to me. My people are still inside that place too. But they have guards. They have weapons. Once we get out of here, we can find help. We can come back-" "There is no "we"."

"Guys we have a problem. Someone is coming." The two of them look at me. Clarke stands and listens. "Not just someone. Reapers." "Shit." Anya grabs a stick and gets ready to fight, but Clarke stops her. "Hey. Anya, you can't fight. You can stand heardly. I have a better idea coming." She points to another bin and we all climb in and lie down on the floor when suddenly three more people are thrown at us. I look at Clarke with frightened eyes and the Reapers suddenly start pushing us.

_____________________________________

Only when the car finally stops do they take one of the people up and cut him open. Loud screams can be heard and I get scared. I carefully look out of the wagon and climb out. "Anya what are you doing lets go." "Your fight is over." She holds the head of one of the men in the wagon and breaks his neck. Once we're all out, we grab some clothes and run away as quietly as we can.

As we run, we change our clothes, but no matter where we run, we can't find a way out. "Damn it, this place is a maze." Anya stops and bends down, coughing. "What are they doing to us?" "They're using your blood. I saw a soldier come in with radiation burns. Hours later, he was fine. It's like your blood is healing them somehow. I never seen everything like it. Come on this way."

Me and Clarke run, but Anya runs in a different direction. "Hey. Hey, what are you doing? That's the way back to the reapers." "You two go your way, I'll go mine." "Anya, we have to stay together." "I told you, there is no 'we. "I saved your life." "You saved my life because you need me. I know the way back to your people. I know where the traps are hidden. You would never make it alone." "We don't have time for this. Our best chance of getting out of here alive is if we're all together. All we can do is keep going and hope... Anya?"

After Clarke realises that Anya has been walking backwards, she wants to go after her, but I hold her back. "Clarke we have to get out of here. Now." She waits a moment and then follows me.

_____________________________________

"Fuck!" I stop them and we run in a different direction as a Reaper is coming towards us, but one is coming from there too. We are surrounded. "No. no. no. please." We walk slowly back to the wall and she grabs my hand out of fear. We look at each other one last time, but suddenly there's a terribly loud sound and the Reapers start screaming and holding their heads. "Get back. Get the hell away form them." Two men in suits come towards us and arrest us.

They take us back and Clarke accuses them, which doesn't help the situation. "We saw everything. We know what you're doing to them." "Thats why you're going in harvest chamber with them. Alpha-Delta Two. We rached the intake. Two prisoners in custody." The man speaks into the device at the entrance. "Your mission was to bring back all three of them. The outsider cannot be allowed to leave this mountain. Alpha-Delta One is coming out now."

A scream rings out and I turn to see Anya pounce on the two men and kill them. I immediately grab the mask of one of them and pull it off his face, making him scream. "I found a way out. This way." We both run after Anya and I've never been so happy to see Anya. Three more guards appear behind us, which only makes us run faster.

It's getting light and we stop abruptly because there's a waterfall in front of us. I turn round and look back as I hear Clarke speak. "Wait. There has to be another way." "There isn't." "Just give up. You got no place else to go." We turn and look at the guards as Anya jumps down. "Anya!" "We dont want to kill your two. You hear me? It doesn't have to end like this. Drop your weapon." 

"Clarke." She looks at me and we're both about to run and jump down when the one guard grabs me. "Lillya!" Clarke stops and looks at me. "Clarke jump now! Find him for me." She nods and jumps down.

_____________________________________

1075 words.