32: Dyleine.

Chapter 32: Dyleine.

Dyletto.

     "Will she be okay? " My Mom asked the doctor, tears In her eyes as she detached from the hug we had been in for the past thirty minutes.

"Yes ma'am, it is a miracle she is awake, we have checked her vital, they are stable for the moment though we still need to keep tabs on her, " the doctor replied.

Mom nodded, "c-can we go see her now? "

"Yes, you can but you will need to go in one by one so as to not overwhelm her, " he responded, signing the papers in his hand.

"Thank you, " Mom said in tears, her voice as soft as i had remembered it.

Dad held her hand and squeezed it, "you should go in first, " he stated.

I did not say a word, It was my first time meeting or seeing my Mom in twenty months, yet she had tears in her eyes, like she did the last time we met.

Mom looked at me then away, I understood the silent words her tears said. 'Thank you son, '

As she entered into the room, Dad came to stand beside me, he said nothing for a few moments as we watched Mom speak with Dyle.

"Thank you, " he said, breaking the melancholic silence.

I glanced at him then back, "she is my sister too, I don't need to be begged to visit her, " I responded.

" have you found him? " I was about to ask him what he meant before he added, " the one who did this to her? "

Shocked, I whipped my head to glance at him, "you knew? " my voice remained calm as I monitored his expression.

Dad nodded, " Since you haven't then you are closer than I am aren't you? "

"Yes, the bastard needs to pay for what he had done, not only for Dyleine also for his other victims, "

Dad nodded, " when you need help, let me know, "

"I will," Once our silent conversation ended, we said nothing, as we prepared ourselves for the rest of the night.

Mom spent the most time her, then Dad went in, he did also stay there for long, then my turn.

My once beautiful sister was different than she was once was, her beautiful vibrant eyes were less lively, her lips remained cracked, even her fiery red hair had turned into a duller shade.

"Hey Little sis, " I whispered, holding her warm hands.

She smiled, her smile said everything.

"You must be tired, having slept so long, you should get better so we can go to Paris like I had promised, " I smiled.

"I know you have questions, I am willing to answer every single one of them till you feel better, all I ask is that you get better okay, "

"O-okay, " she croaked.

I was only able to spend five minutes with her before the visiting hours ended, I sent Mom and Dad home while I stayed at the hospital.

When morning came, Mom also arrived, we spent the day like we did since Dyleine woke up.

A week went by without a warning, I had been to lost in the moments I had with my sister that everything else did not matter to me, Mom soon came and  sent me home claiming she needed me to meet someone.

"Go change your clothe, she will be here soon, " she commanded, while she served the dishes, I nodded and headed to my room.

Once in my room, I sat on the bed, gazing at the picture frames on the wall, the pictures Dyleine and I took as kids till we became adults, I had been like the younger one while she played the role of a big sister, she made Dad proud and Mom happy.

While I couldn't do any of that, even after many years, I remained incompetent.

I closed my eyes in exhaustion, soon, I was back on my feet and dressed to meet my Mom's acquaintance that she so much wanted me to meet.

Though I had no idea why she had willed me to meet someone at a time like this.

I returned downstairs to my Mom's voice, " okay, bye, "

Seeing my questioning look, she explained, " it's your Dad, he will be joining us later after checking up on your sister, "

I nodded.

"Good, our guest will be here soon, I want you to be nice please, the lady is related to-" her words we're cut off by the ringing of the door bell.

"Oh, she is here, go get the door, " Mom cleaned her palm on her apron.

I nodded and headed to the door, when I opened it, my mouth hung in shock as the person I least expected stood before me.

"Dyletto? " Stacey gasped.

"Is she here? " my Mom asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah, " I responded.

Stacey, recovered from her shock, then she walked in the house as I made space for her, pulling Edna who was more than delighted to see me along.

I closed the door and trailed behind her. "Hi, " she greeted my Mom.

My Mom smiled, "how have you been dear? " Mom asked.

"I have been fine and you? "

"Fine, I have been great," then she turned to Edna. " how are you beautiful girl? "

"I am fine ma, thank you, "

Mom smiled, turning to Stacey, she said, " you have a lovely little girl, she is so much like Dyleine, "

I noticed she had taken off her apron, " come Dyl, " She beckoned  me over the moment they were done exchanging pleasantries.

"This is my son, Dyletto, Dyleine's brother, " Mom introduced.

Stacey's face fell, I noticed her shaky hands, yet she managed to force a smile, " you have an handsome son, " she complimented, " please, c-can I get a glass of water? " she asked, her voice shaky.

"Ah, of course, Dyletto, please get our guest some water, here sit, " she led her to a couch and made her sit,

"Thank you," she smiled as I handed her the glass of water, I nodded.

"Your are welcome, "

~P-Lia~.