Chapter 22

DeLanie's POV

I decided to go back to bed where I found Matt passed out. I tried to move him but he woke up, pulled me down and fell back asleep. I was in his arms. Eventually I fell asleep. When I woke up, Matt was still holding me. Someone turned my door knob.

Kaleb walked in. Oh shit, he is probably gonna flip some balls. He just walked over to me and kissed my forehead and then walked out. Uhh... What the hell? that was not like him... I turned to face Matt and he woke up.

"Good morning beautiful. How did you sleep?" I smiled. "Good." He then smiled "Like me!" We both burst out laughing. Good... like Matt Good.

We got up and I went to go get my clothes but Matt wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me back down. I turned around. "What's wrong?" "Nothing! I just want you near me." I sighed. "I wish my actual boyfriend did this" He looked into my eyes. "Well.... I could be your actual boyfriend. Then you won't have to wish for anything different." I smiled and looked at the ground. "Matt, can you do me a favor?" "Anything" "Can you get me a few cigarettes? Please..." He laughed and pulled out his pack of Marlboro reds.

We headed out and he started to climb the ladder to the roof. "What the hell are you doing?" I yelled."I am about to smoke on the roof with the most beautiful girl in the world!" He smiled. "Why isn't she up here yet?"  "Because she's---"I was starting to reply until Kaleb came up behind me "Because she is mine. Okay Matt?".  Matt yelled back down. "DeLanie said she wants a boyfriend that is like me, I am trying to give her what she wants" Kaleb just laughed. "You're like 28 and she is 14. Go rape someone else's girlfriend." By then I had enough, "Listen, Kaleb, and Matt. I just came out her to smoke. Now, let me smoke and we can have this discussion like mature adults, later" I climbed on the roof and sat down next to Matt, grabbed a cigarette, lit it, inhaled it and blew out the pain, stress and stupid, pointless drama that is my life. Kaleb walked back inside the bus.

"DeLanie, I have to tell you something really important." Matt said. "Go ahead Matt, say it." "I-I love you. I've loved you from the first time I saw you." Matt said. "M-Matt. You are 28 and I'm 14, I have a boyfriend, you have a band and you're touring, how is this going to work?" I said, out of breath.  "Baby, I ment to tell you this but, I got kicked out of D.R.U.G.S... Yesterday." Matt said sadly. "I-I didn't know. I'm sorry babe." I apologized.  "Honey its okay. This just gives me and excuse to spend more time with you."  Matt smiled.  I giggled. "Im gonna go get some food, you want some?" Matt asked. "Nope. Im fine with my cigarettes." I replied.  Matt climbed down, of the roof and went inside the bus.

About 5 minutes later Matt and Kaleb walked outside and were screaming at each other. 

"YOU'RE FUCKING 28! IF YOU DATE HER, ITS RAPE!!" Kaleb screamed at Matt. "DO YOU THINK I CARE?! I LOVE HER AND I WANT TO BE WITH HER FORVER!!" Matt yelled back. "She's. Mine." Kaleb growled.

I stood up. "Shut your damn mouths! I'm no ones now! Fuck that!" I yelled at them.

When I yell, I start walking. I forgot that I was on the roof when I walked too close to the edge and fell off. 

Matt's POV

I saw DeLanie fall. I was paralyzed with fear and I couldn't move my feet.  Her torso hit the railing and I heard a crack. She landed on her arm and her head hit the ground really hard. I could suddenly move my feet. I ran over to her limp body and picked her up. She wasn't moving but she was breathing. I looked over at Kaleb and he was already on the line with 911. About a minute later an ambulance was pulling up. I handed DeLanie to a medic and they put her on a stretcher. The doors of the ambulance were closed and they hauled her off.