𝙭𝙞𝙫. ser erryk's sacrifice

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ser erryk's sacrifice
act two . dance of the dragons

── ୨୧ ──

      ALAESSA SAT IN HER BEDCHAMBERS, "Princess, your presence has been asked for by the queen," The guard that guards her bedchambers spoke.

       Alaessa looks up from staring off, "Very well," The princess got up and walked into the halls and down to where Rhaenyra and her small council sat.

Everyone in the room looked to see Alaessa, "You asked for my presence, your grace?" Rhaenyra nodded, "It is yet unclear how the Keep itself was breached.The boy's head was severed from his body," Alaessa was shocked to hear the maester say, "I'm sorry what?" Alaessa spoke making the whole room look at Rhaenyra's daughter.

       "Helaena's son... has been murdered," Alaessa put her hand over her mouth, "And they are accusing me of having a hand in this," Rhaenyra asks, Alaessa still couldn't believe what she had heard, "It appears so. There have been messages sent to that effect throughout the realm," The maester speaks to Rhaenyra, "We must send our own messages, denying this vile allegation," Rhaenyra looks at Alaessa who's walks over to her mother to stand beside her before Alaessa taking a seat, while Rhaenyra stands, "I will do so at once, but I'm not sure they will be received in good faith."

        Rhaenyra looks at the guards, "And we must double our guard, here and in Driftmark," Rhaenyra spoke sitting down, "There will be swift retribution in one form or another–" Alaessa looks at the man who cut her mother off, but Alaessa's eye's travel to see Jacaerys walk in the room, "Let me fly out on Vermax. Rhaenys is needed in the Gullet and I can watch for movements... from King's Landing," Jacaerys offers and Alaessa knew her mother would never let her children fly again without reason.

       "No."

      "It must be said that the damage to our position is immeasurable, at a time when we most need loyalty to our cause," Rhaenyra shakes her, "But it's a lie, Having lost my own son, that I would inflict such a thing on Helaena, of all people... an innocent."

       Alaessa sat staring at Daemon, knowing he had some part in this, since he was awfully quiet, "The death of Prince Lucerys was a shock and an insult. A mother so aggrieved might, naturally... seek relief in retribution," Ser Alfred mumbled before Rhaenyra stood up, "Are you suggesting, Ser Alfred, that my grief drove me to order the decapitation of a child?"

        "I merely thought, perhaps, an action taken in haste," Ser Alfred spoke and Alaessa spoke up, "Mind yourself."

         Rhaenyra sat back down, and sighed. She had realized that Daemon was too quiet in this situation, Rhaenyra looked over at Alaessa and they both shared a look.

── ୨୧ ──

ALAESSA SAT IN HER BED CHAMBERS IN DRAGONSTONE, "Alaessa," The princess looked up from reading.

"Mother," Alaessa sighed in relief, "Would you join us for supper?" Alaessa nodded before placing the book down and getting up, "What are you reading my sweet girl," Rhaenyra entered the room, "Aegon the conqueror, and his sisters, Queen Rhaenys and Queen Visenya."

       Rhaenyra smiled, before walking over to her daughter and placing a kiss on her forehead, "Come," Alaessa nodded before her and Rhaenyra walked down the halls until they reached the dining hall, Alaessa only saw Jacaerys.