CHAPTER FIVE

You are mine... You are mine.... The echoes taunted her, chasing her deeper into the woods, fearing for her life she didn't dare look back. The echoes, it suddenly stopped, dropping her in the middle of the woods,  sorrunded by shadows, shadows of the tall trees and mighty boulders, famished and thirsty Li Fei began trotting, hurtling towards the sound of  running water.
     Feeling the cool water from the pond run down her throat, she sighed in satisfaction, splashing some on her face.
    You are mine... You are mine... The insidious echoes resounded in her mind, filled with fear, Li Fei glued to the spot, she could almost feel his breath on her nape, instantly an arm slowly emerged from the water reaching out to her.
    Take my hand child, come to be, take my hand child, come to me.
   Li Fei woke up to the calm and soothing words of the lady who had come to her yesterday, her icy cold palm stroking her forehead.
    It's morning. Li Fei stated seeing the partial ray of sunlight through the translucent raven velvet curtains, sitting up, she felt the pain split through her head,only lighter this time.
   Yes it is, I'll take you to the bathroom, you need to freshen up.
   It's you right, it's you whose been giving me this nightmares, it's been you all along... Li Fei accused menacingly, her tone rising.
    Hmmm... Your nightmares could either be a figment of your thoughts  a recap of your past,or a vision of your future, and as unfortunate as it is, I can't control them, I can't control yours, mine or anyone else's. She explained placidly, adjusting the thick raven velvet curtains, the ray of sunlight now hidden behind them.
      Then why do I keep having them. Li Fei pondered indignantly. What do you want from me.
    It's not me Li Fei, it's not us  that wants anything from you, rather you need us Li Fei, in the meanwhile, why don't I escort you to the bathroom, you need to get cleaned up. The lady grimaced, picking up a wooden sculpture that might have fallen on the floor.
      Luxury treatments for a hostage, Li Fei pondered, marvelled by the exquisite and intricate architecture of the bathroom,more like a bathhouse she concluded, she had never thought a candle chandelier could ever look so alluring and glorious hung down majestically from the nine feet long roof, illuminating the beautiful artifacts and the giant bathtub that suffused in the middle of the bathroom, Li Fei wondered why so much intricate detailing had been engendered into a room meant for washing up, stepping into the bathtub she muddled over what denizens had held her hostage.
The clanking and jittering of glasses and cutleries resounded in the wide dinning hall, the interior designs befitting of royalty, in the middle of the hall stood a long dining set with seven seats on both sides, but only five were occupied by three females and two males,everyone wore an air of imperiality, civilized to the tee.
       How is she coming along. One of the males inquired turning towards the lady that had earlier been with Li Fei,he seemed more distinct from the rest,wearing an unreadable and slightly insouciant look compared to the grimace the others wore.
    She's no different from the others when they're brought here for the first time, melancholy, stubborn and sometimes implacable, but she I'll come around, they always do. Her long fingers suffusing some jam unto her bread loaf.
    Have you clarified her yet Dorcas... I would suggest you didn't hold it off for very long, she should be made aware soon enough of the concomitances in this household. One of the ladies added curtly.
       Lucia is right Dorcas, the earlier she is made aware of what is to come, the slinker it will be for all of us. Another one alocutioned, sweeping his side cut off his face.
     Well Samuel, you should be aware that she is still quite frightened, anyone would if they were brought to a foreign habitat out of the blue, we can't just pour it out on her like it's warm water. Her voice coming out more stern but unyielding from her normal disposition.
    I must say, Dorcas is right, however way you might want to look at it, we abducted her, no one would yield so easily to their abducters. Another lady added, striking Samuel a knowing look.