Chapter Thirteen

Mr Feng uttered indistinct murmurs as she reached for the blaring phone on the center table.
   Hello, were busy, leave a message. She yelled.
   Mummy. A voice cried through the phone.
   Li Fei. Mrs Feng howled, hearing Li Fei's name being uttered, Mr Feng who had been sitting down on the porch exhausted ran inside staring appalled at his wife.
   Mummy it's me.
   Where are you you foolish child.
Don't yell at her.
Daddy, is that you.
Feifei my dear, are you alright.
Yes daddy, I'm fine. She.responded staring in contempt at the handsome silver head playing with his fingers.
   Where are you child, everyone has been so worried. His voice cracking due to tears.
     Daddy I'm fine don't worry, you mummy, brother,sister, sister-in-law and the children, you needn't worry about me, I'll be home soon...
    But where are you Li Fei.
    I went to see a friend. She responded, avoiding his warning gaze.
   What friend Fei Fei... Hello... Fei...Hello
  Hello daddy.
Li Fei stared at him perplexed seeing that the call had gotten disconnected.
    Guess I forgot to pay my phone bill, I did tell you to make it snappy.
    Thank you, at least now they know I'm alive.
   Yeah, I wouldn't be so sure about that last part if I were you.
     what does that mean. She challenged, her hands firmly on the door knob.
    Tell me Fei...
  Don't call me that. She staggered backwards as she watched him approach her, turning around she searched in the dark for a lethal weapon... You're cold Fei Fei, is it because of the weather,or because of my presence. she flinched as she felt his warm breathe tickle her ear.
    Don't touch me. She warned gritting her teeth.
    You're skin is as cold as ice, I have a natural body warmer if you might be interested. Li Fei shuddered at the thought pushing him away.
    Stay away from me.