CHAPTER THREE

Taking to her heels, she began to run with only the moon as her source of light, she found her way through thick trunks and tiny shrubs, she could feel him gaining up on her, his beastly growls and heavy stumps, Li Fei knew if she kept running he would gain up on her, she stopped to hide and catch her breath behind a rock, her heart was beating heavily, but she struggled to keep her breaths shallow and quiet fearing that he could hear her breaths. What's happening she wondered in her heart, who were they, and why was he after her now, she didn't know she could still run so fast, the last time she had run like this was in middle school during a marathon sports race, she had run like her life depended on it and today it did, panic filled as the sound of heavy stumps on dry leaves approached, she held her jacket over her lips, holding in a cry.
    Vrrmmm... Vrrmmm.... The sound of approaching vechiles lifted her spirit, if only she could follow the sound of the vechiles to the road she would be able to get a ride home.
    Going on all fours, she began to crawl towards the sound, her heart beat intensifying. Her family members must be worried sick for her, as if reading her mind, her phone rung loudly, thrown into a state of panic, she reached for it inside her back pocket and flung it away.
He must have heard that. She cried, the forest suddenly became quiet,  no crickets, no fireflies, no beetles, no footsteps, even the wind seemed to have gone quiet in that second, the only audible sound was the pounding sound of her heart against her chest.
     The growls started again, getting ever closer and closer, getting on her two feet's she ran towards the sound of moving vechiles, crying silently and praying in her heart.
    Help...stooop... She cried, yelling towards the first vechile that came to sight.
  No,no,it can't be,nooo... It was the exact same cab that had brought her here, it was the exact same spot, but the lights, who could have turned them on, the only being she had seen was chasing her. Could the cab driver had done this, but he was dead, she had watched the creature torture him till he was out of breath, had she been running in circles this whole time?. Running forward she stared at the ground where the cab driver had once lay, he was gone, frustration and confusion set in, where to now. Reality began to set in, this was exactly in her nightmare, but no it wasn't real, it was a figment of my imagination, she resolved in her heart, even reaching out for hair, still short, with her fringe hanging over eyebrows, yes, it was still her, it was only a dream.
     Aaaah. She cried as she collapsed, she had being hit from behind, picking her up like a pack of potatoes, he draped her over his shoulders.

Thank you for reading my book ♥️♥️, and I hope you enjoyed it, I apologize🙏🙏 for the grammatical errors. Please support my account by following,sharing and commenting. Your opinions and thoughts on my book matter alot to me. Thank you.💖💖💖.