Chapter Twenty Four

Praise the lord, to His glory and His kingdom.She added, trying to signal Arian towards him, but the silverheaded mutt, was too enraptured in Lucia's brown eyes.
   Hallelujah. They cheered, raising their wine glasses into the air.
    Strolling hurriedly through the crowds.
   Lucas. She greeted, on reaching the seer, her eyes rummaging the halls.
       Ah Dorcas, what a fine feast you've thrown here, I must say I am quite impressed, especially by this wine. He responded, raising the glass to his lips.
      It's spiked. She blurted. Pouring the remaining content back into the cup, he stared at her seemingly quite shocked and marvelled, locking eyes on the bartender who seemed quite engrossed in sorting out the drinks.
     Well I never really liked grape anyway. He added, dropping the glass unto the counter.
   And for the record if anyone enquires why you're here, you are to tell them that you came on the command of the authorities for an inspection, and divulge no more than that. She warned sternly, looking out for Arian.
      Hmmm.... and I do not presume the drink I just had would be having any negative side effects soon enough.
    Not until the next few hours. She replied.
   Hello Lucas, the seer. Helena greeted approaching them.
     Ahn....
   Helena. She interjected, reaching for a handshake.
   Helena. He said, an awkward expression in his face.
    It's been a while... Dorcas. She greeted.
       Helena. She answered.
    Wonderful feast you've thrown here today, and you decided to invite our wonderful friend here, how thoughtful of you.
   No, I wasn't invited...umm....
     You weren't. picking up a glass of wine she gasped, a tinge of mockery visible in her tone.
    I'm here on official business by the council.
      I see. She retorted, locking eyes on the duo.
   Where is Arian, I haven't seen him since I stepped in, and I do not recall him being the type to forfeit grand celebrations like this.
     Probably around with some friends, I'll go look for him. Dorcas offered, excusing the two.