Team Astrid part 1

Life's been busy so getting this chapter out took longer than intended. Should be able to update more regularly now,

(Ragnar pov)

It's be a day since my reunion with Camus, Or rather "Riptide" (thanks Tuffnut...) I explained to him about the whole situation of why I was with the dragon riders and a few other things once we were all back at the edge, he was quite surprised when he learned I was looking after Nalas eggs.

After my info dump he talked about the things he's been doing ever since he was transported by the rifts, during his travels he came across to some rather alarming news.

(Flashback, dragons edge)

It's the evening and everyone has already left to their huts and pens to rest off their injuries from their fight with Camus. I was currently with the Leviathan having a private chat at the dome.

Riptide: so while exploring some landmass I found, there was this large slope going down towards a wide open space and guess what was down there?

Ragnar: what was it?

Riptide: hunters. Monster hunters to exact.

Ragnar: so some managed to survive after all... do you know what they were doing?

Riptide: from what I could see it was some mining operation. There's this cave that they would come in and come out with carts filled with ore. Somehow they didn't notice me and I quickly got myself out of there.

Ragnar: that's... unusual.

Riptide: it is. Not sure what kind of ore it was but from the glimpse I could get it had this blue glow to it, quite pretty.

Ragnar: ...

Riptide: Pri- I mean, Ragnar. You've gone quiet.

Ragnar: ah. Sorry, it's just that this ore you speak off sounds... familiar.

Riptide: it does? 

Ragnar: yes. I think it might be Kinship ore.

Riptide: wait... that stuff is actually real? But how would you know what that looks like?

Ragnar: we actually found a piece of it at an abandoned hunters campsite, the one with the metal leg has it kept in his hut.

Riptide: if your right then things just got even weirder... I'm guessing your new rider friends don't know what it's presumably capable of correct?

Ragnar: they don't even know what it's called. Even then they can already tame others without it.

Riptide: true. But surely the hunters aren't wanting to ride monster themselves right? 

Ragnar: perhaps they have found some other purpose for it that we aren't aware off. I wish I could warm the riders about this but they sadly can't understand us... let's just hope whatever the hunters are planning isn't too concerning.

(Flashback end, ragnar pov)

As of present, Riptide has left the edge for now to continue searching for Volts. Either way There wasn't exactly any room for him to stay, maybe Hiccup could make some arrangements for that? But at the moment he's busy off with patrolling tonight with Astrid. Meanwhile I and along with everyone else were at the dome watching the twins trying to teach the night terrors new tricks... for reasons.

Ragnar: can someone explain to me why having the night terror gnawing on a stick is suppose to be beneficial in any meaningful way?

Hookfang: oh calm yourself party pooper, this is the only sort of fun we get to enjoy around this place.