Chapter 11 - Creed

Novak gave Sanchez a back handed slap across the chest, gesturing over to Creed as he stopped pacing. The pair, along with all the others, watching as the feral clenched and unclenched his fists. All of them having seen this before; all of them knowing that it normally meant trouble. The MPs that had ended up in the hospital, able to attest to that.

"This is not gonna be good......" Walsh noted, as the sergeant's form stiffened.

"Yeah, maybe the Cap was wrong about leaving Creed to last; but I think he can handle himself. And if anything happens, we do what we said. There are twelve of us, thirteen with the lieutenant and fourteen if it all goes well with Howlett. I don't care how big and bad Creed thinks he is, he can't beat all of us if we stick together. That's the problem, we've been acting like individuals, and he's been able to pick us off one at a time; work on us when we are by ourselves. So, it's about time that we started to work together, to really watch one another's backs, then Creed can't do anything." Sanchez explained. He and the rest of them turning as Howlett finally emerged from the captain's office and made his way over to Victor.

"What do you think........?" Lutz asked, as they watched the two ferals. All of them sure that they could hear one of Creed's usual threatening growls, before he made his way to office.

"It's hard ta tell with Howlett, you know he never gives anything away; but we just stay close, ok; and if the shit hits the fan, we all know what to do.........

                                                           >>-----------------------------<<

(Y/n) looked up at the sudden pounding on the office door, a small smile making its way onto her lips, as she leant back in the chair. She was grateful that Howlett had turned out as she had hoped he would; the captain able to see why Sanchez had said that he would follow the sargent into war. But what was to come, she knew would be very different; though Creed was going to find out that she was nothing like their previous captain.

After yet another loud thump on the door, (Y/n) counted to ten before finally calling out for her last visitor to enter. The captain focusing her attention on Creed's file, as the large feral stomped into the room; doing her best to not laugh, as she heard him growl. (Y/n) deciding that she would continue this awkward silence a little longer; that she would show Creed that she was neither scared nor intimidated by the large feral. And if he thought he could take it a step further, then she would happily show him that she wasn't as 'normal', as her new platoon might think.

"Captain...........?" (Y/n) not replying, as she heard Creed speak. Instead, choosing to continue to look through his paperwork.

"Sir.............?" The word dripping with venom, as it left the ferals lips

"Assault on four MPs. Threats of violence against locals, which has resulted in you being barred from every pub in the near vicinity. Found in possession of stolen army vehicles and equipment; and those are only three in a long line of complaints against you...........You really are an unpleasant man, aren't you, Creed?" (Y/n) finally said, as she looked up at the second feral. Creed oozing a very different feeling than she had got from Howlett. The captain finding it hard to believe that the two ferals could be related.

"You are the rotten apple in what could otherwise be a very worthwhile barrel, sargent. A man that is little more than a bully; and you know, I have learnt a lot of things about bullies, about men like you, over the years. Bullies are cowards; they undermine, belittle and berate others, to make themselves feel better, superior. To fool themselves and everyone else into thinking that they have power, when in truth, they are nothing. And you, Creed, are nothing.........." (Y/n) said, as she got to her feet and stared across the desk at the angry feral. The captain determined to say her piece, before she let the big man say anything; to let him know exactly where he stood.

"If I could get rid of you, I would. You do not deserve to be amongst the men I have met today. Men that want to fight, to do their part; that with a little help will prove their doubters wrong. And even though a part of me would be happy to see you locked up in the stockade until this whole damn thing is over with, I think it better to keep you here and have you watch as I turn this platoon into something that will make the nazi's quake. So, you have two choices, Creed; you either accept that I am the one in charge here, and not you. You work with me, and not against me; work with the other men and bring them together, as you should. Or, and this is a promise, I will make your life as difficult for you as I possibly can. And believe me when I say, I can; for there is nothing........nothing that you can do that will make me run away like Drake did. You are stuck with me Creed..........." (Y/n) hissed. The memories of what all the men before him had told her, fresh in her mind, as she and the feral glared at one another. Creed simply smiling, menacingly, before he rushed forward and flipped over the desk; the large piece of furniture smashing into the wall.