Chapter 1 - The beginning

Life had been simple once. She had lived quietly with her dog, Duke, miles away from any other soul. For even though her abilities, her differences were not obvious like some of her kind, she knew of people's opinions. How hints and rumours of so-called mutants, had been heard for years, and how others would make ill-informed and unfavourable comments. How families would abandon children, disown those that they had once claimed to love, when it became clear that they were not "normal".  So, she had saved herself the heartache. She had separated herself as best she could, not desiring contact with people that would probably turn against her if they knew what she was, what she could do. 

Yet the world had had different ideas. The world.......or should that be, a war on the other side of the world, had literally come knocking at her door. A man in uniform one morning appearing on her doorstep, offering her a chance to use her abilities to help. Though little did she know that her agreeing, would mean that she would get drawn into the conflict; that she would find herself in the heat of battle with others like her; and that two feral mutants, would be right by her side.