Episode - 36

In Azka's Room,

Amreen's voice was laced with concern. "Ammi (Mother), what if you say yes? This isn't a sinful act. It's a chance at happiness."

Azka's expression turned stern. "How can you talk like this, Amreen? We're not young anymore. What will people say?"

Amreen's grip on her mother's arm tightened. "Which people, Ammi (Mother)? Those who silently witnessed Abbu's (Father's) cruelty or those who never lifted a finger to help us? You deserve to be happy, Ammi (Mother). Allah has given you a second chance at life, don't let it slip away."

Azka shook her head, her voice firm. "No, Amreen. This isn't right. Please, don't force me. I won't do it."

Amreen's eyes locked onto hers, filled with conviction. "Ammi (Mother), I know you and Amir uncle loved each other, but Grandfather's disapproval tore you apart. Amir uncle never married, waiting for you. Doesn't he deserve this chance? You always said everyone deserves happiness, and now it's your turn. Why are you rejecting it?"

Azka sighed, her shoulders sagging. "At our age, marriage is...unseemly."

Amreen's voice rose, her words tumbling out. "But you always said everyone deserves happiness! If Allah has given me a second chance, why can't He give you one too? You promised me before my wedding that if you got a chance, you'd cherish your happiness. Please, Ammi (Mother), don't let this opportunity slip away."

Azka's expression softened, her voice laced with sadness. "Amreen, my child...listen...it's not that simple. My daughter is married now. I can't...it's not the right time for me. Please understand."

Faiza and Falak joined the conversation, supporting Amreen's words. Faiza said, "Aapi (Sister), why are you refusing? Second marriages are allowed in Islam and are a matter of honor."

Falak added in support, "Everyone deserves happiness, Aapi (Sister). Don't worry about what others will say. We have no objections, nor does your daughter or son-in-law. Why bother about others' opinions?"

Azka's concerns lingered, "How can you two say things like that, don't you know what will people say? That I married again after my daughter's wedding?"

Faiza countered, "Aapi (Sister), don't worry about others' gossip. We want you to live a happy life. We've seen respect, love, and admiration, Amir bhaijaan (Brother) has for you. Doesn't he deserve to spend his life with the one he loves?"

Amreen emphasized, "Exactly! Let's give a new name to the story that couldn't begin 20 years ago. It's a 20-year-old love story. And, Ammi (Mother), this way, Shahnaz and Zafar bhai (Brother) will also find their place in our family, and I'll find my father figure. Our family will be complete."

Azka's voice trembled, "But I can't forget your father, Amreen...how can I be with someone else?"

The room fell silent, the weight of Azka's words hanging in the air.

Amreen's voice was gentle, yet firm. "Ammi (Mother), no one's asking you to forget him. Abbu (Father) was special to us, and no one can replace him. But someone else can fill that space with their own love and presence. Just give them a chance."

Falak added, "If Amreen can move forward after all she's been through, why can't you, Aapi (Sister)? Let go of your worries and say yes."

Faiza walked over to Azka, holding her hand. "Please, Aapi (Sister). We want to see you happy. We don't care what others say; your happiness is all that matters to us. Even Abba jan (Father, Nawazuddin) wouldn't object to this. Say yes."

Azka hesitated, "But you're not understanding..."

Amreen interrupted, "We've made up our minds, Ammi (Mother). I'll arrange your wedding myself. Remember, you promised me, remember? If you say no, I won't attend my own reception."