Chapter 20

..............

Y/n stood before the mirror, her reflection staring back at her with haunting familiarity. There was a sense of solace in the emptiness of the room, with only her and her despairing thoughts to keep her company. With a bitter smile, she reached out and traced the outline of her face in the mirror.

"I am exactly like my mom, wrecked - shattered," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. The words hung heavy in the air, a painful admission of the truth she had long tried to ignore. Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring the image of her reflection as they spilled down her cheeks.

How many times had she cried in this very room, surrounded by the echoes of her own despair? And yet, those tears didn't dry till now, sometime it confused her how can?

Y/nstared into the abyss of her thoughts, How she wish to have a simple life, normal life a loving family however it might be a lot to request her.

In their relationship, there was no trust, no respect-only insults and humiliation that cut her to the core. They only communicate in the bed where he cursed and do nasty things with her and she moaned in pain.

'LOVE' she shouldn't even pronounced since that is far from her life.

As the memory of last night flooded her mind, Y/nfelt a knot tighten in her stomach, a familiar sense of dread creeping over her. She had returned home with a glimmer of hope, at least she'll say about that incident not in details but a little bit may be.

But as she stepped through the door, the sight of him filled her with a sense of foreboding. His eyes burned with an intensity that sent a chill down her spine, his hands trembling with suppressed rage.

"So this is what you went for..Ha..to get fuck, you guys know each other for a long time right? Even at the party you know him, just pretend to be an innocent don't you!!" - Emily's heart sank as his words cut through her like a knife, each accusation fueling the fire of her anguish. She felt the weight of his contempt bearing down on her, crushing her spirit beneath its oppressive weight. How could he think so little of her, to reduce her to nothing more than a mere object of desire?

Tears welled up in her eyes as she pleaded for understanding. But her words fell on deaf ears, drowned out by the roar of his anger and resentment. No matter how many times she cried out, no matter how fervently she begged for mercy, it was as if her pleas were nothing more than whispers in the wind, lost amidst the tumult of his rage.

She thrashed and struggled against his grip, but it was futile and he took to her room.

She lost track of time there, her heart raced as she heard the sound of someone entering the bathroom, her thoughts scattering like leaves in the wind. With quick reflexes, she hastily wiped away her tears. She splashed water on her face in an attempt to compose herself and left.