chapter 21: helping someone else

"That things big" said Asta as he stared up at the mud monster that had once been one of the mages that were responsible for kidnapping the children of Nean village. But had beeen turned into a monster after Sally inejcted a dark magic item into him. The monster let out a roar as it started moving forward.

"Die, die" it said in a deep voice as it moved toward Neas.

"Big brother what are you doing its me" said Neas looking scared as the mud monster brought down its right fist. But Asta quickly moved in front of him and used his anti magic sword to cut its arm off.

"Wait why did you save me" Neas asked looking surprised that the young magic knight saved him even after what hes done.

Asta looked back at the snow mage with an angry look on his face, "What are you talking about, you still have to answer for what you've done and plus hes your brother" he said readying his sword, "Its messed up that he wants to hurt you" he said running forward quickly and cutting into its left side as the arm he cut off earlier regenerated.

"Your anti magic is amazing Asta but it wont work in this situation, the dark magic item I used on him made his magic power go out of control" said Sally smiling as her grimoire opened, "Here have a gift" she said as multiple lines of gel shot towards Asta who noticed this. But the gel was stopped by multiple blasts of fire.

"Thanks sister" said Asta smiling back at Theresea who had her right hand up.

"You got in my way again, you know that's really starting to annoy me" said Sally looking annoyed by the nuns interference, "Aren't old lady's suppose to get weaker when their older".

"Its true that when people get older that it gets more difficult to use Mana, but if you practice enough you can learn to control the mana around you" the nun thought as she gathered magic power into her right fist, "That may be true, but your strength has nothing against my experience" she said looking serious.

"Hmm that's ridiculous, thinking like that will get you killed" Sally said looking confused as the mud monster swung another fist towards the nun, but Asta cut that one off as well.

"Sister you need to get the kids out of here" said Asta.

"Right" said the nun as her grimoire opened. A fire leopard appeared in the middle of the group of kids, "Everyone get on, it will take you to the outside" she said as a few kids got onto the fire animals back.

"Its so warm" said one kid hugging its body while the other kids petted it. Despite it being created by magic the fire leopard purred as it enjoyed being petted.

"Its not much but it will take a half hour for all the children to be evacuated, damn you Gauche for running away" the nun thought looking annoyed.

Meanwhile with Gauche he was currently flying through the cave that would lead outside of the mountain, "Big brother we have to go back and help the others" said Marie looking worried.

"No its too dangerous, my magic doesn't work against that woman and now because of that monster the situation has gotten even more dangerous" said Gauche as he only focused on getting out of the mountain.

"But what about the others" said Marie.

"They don't matter, what matters is getting you somewhere safe" said Gauche as he thought back to when his and Maries parents died and they were kicked out of their home by the man they knew were responsible for their deaths. Gauche only focused on looking after Maire and seeing her smile after that, "As long as your okay, I couldn't care about anything else" he said when Marie suddenly punched him in the face.

"You're the worst big brother, your not cool" she said looking annoyed while Gauche looked like he had frozen to stone, "I know we've met some bad people a long time ago, but sister and the other kids at the church aren't like that, I'm happy you became a magic knight, isn't that why you joined, so you wouldn't be alone" she said when they reached outside.