80

hiii! So sorry for the delayed chapter, I had gone to a destination wedding and really just wanted to focus on that vacation of mine instead of writing... But now I'm back! And I'll let y'all enjoy the chapter <33

————

Two days had past since you had that aggressive pep talk with Bakugo.

Needless to say, you had been doing a ton of self reflecting ever since that day.

Two days past and yet, you were still thinking about what both Aizawa and Bakugo had said to you.

Looking down at your arm, you flexed your hand, watching the muscles do their work. Sure, it was working just fine...

But your eyebrows scrunched in annoyance as you felt it.

There was still some pain.

Even with movements as simple as you flexing your hand, it still felt like you were pulling on some of your muscles. Like when you'd pick up a heavyweight object, and the muscles felt like they were weighing you down.

Except, this time, all you were doing was clenching and unclenching your fist, a menial task that even a baby could perform.

"Ugh..." You groaned, throwing yourself on your bed and staring at the ceiling in contemplation, your condition not really helping with your impeding decision.

Should you really... sit out on this exam?

Aizawa seemed to be just looking out for you, really. But do you even have the luxury to be sitting out on important exams right now? The provisional hero license is the only way you'll be able to do any hero work without getting arrested or your actions being curtained to save you from lawful punishment.

Technically speaking, this exam was about as necessary as you passing your finals. Without this test, you won't be able to move onto the next step of being a hero.

But... Aizawa is your teacher. If he thinks that sitting out on this exam isn't that big of a deal...

Maybe... Maybe you should listen to him?

You snapped your eyes shut in annoyance the moment the thought entered your mind. Was making decisions always this hard? You miss being a kid, when you didn't have to worry about stuff like this.

The most that kids had to worry about was about what to eat.

You rolled your body to the side, staring at the photo frame of you and your family. A small frown began to slowly form on your lips subconsciously the more you stared at the picture.

How long had it been since you talked to your family?

It had been around half a week since you all had moved in the dorms. You've never gone this long without talking to your family. And even though you saw the messages your father and sister would send you, you would just view them from the notification bar on your phone, never opening them in fear that the message might show that you had read it.

But obviously, you couldn't just pretend like you weren't worried about them either, so you had messaged in your family group that you were well but very busy with school work. Even so, your family would regularly check up on you, ranging from questions asking if you ate, to good morning and good night messages.

Your heart churned at the thought that you were putting your family through so much when really, it hadn't even been that big of a deal. But you had your father's blood in your veins, you have a genetic disposition to make everything as dramatic as possible.

Maybe a walk would clear my head?

Granted, the last time you thought that a walk would clear your head, you ended up with a crazy villain obsessed with you. But your life's already down in the dumps, what's the worst that could happen? Another stalker, maybe?